The 15th Best Player In NHL History

Who's the 15th best player in NHL history?

• Total voters

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Best Players in NHL history (according to previous poll results):

1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Mario Lemieux
3. Bobby Orr
4. Gordie Howe
5. Jaromir Jagr
6. Sidney Crosby
7. Dominik Hasek
8. Alexander Ovechkin
9. Jean Beliveau
10. Bobby Hull
11. Maurice Richard
12. Nicklas Lidstrom
13. Patrick Roy
14. Ray Bourque

To be added:

Perreault
Forsberg
Make suggestions​

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Harvey
Morenz
Shore

but at this rate Selanne will be voted ahead of them.

add Bill Cook

Bill Cook - Wikipedia
"A prolific scorer, Cook scored 317 goals and 508 points in 591 games in his 15-year professional career.[11] Known as "The Original Ranger",[6] he led the team in goals six times.[36] He was regarded as being the greatest right wing in the game's history when he retired"

Last edited:
Reactions: Iceman

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Really no point in participating since the list is already ruined but the next pick should be Harvey

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Willing to bet not many here saw Harvey play...curious as to what the votes for him are based on? Can't be stats,so what is it? Hearsay?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Willing to bet not many here saw Harvey play...curious as to what the votes for him are based on? Can't be stats,so what is it? Hearsay?
same reasoning as any other older player such as: Orr, Beliveau, Richard, Shore, Morenz, Mikita, etc

oh and 7 Norrises + 6 Cups + 10x 1st team AS is quite telling

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
same reasoning as any other older player such as: Orr, Beliveau, Richard, Shore, Morenz, Mikita, etc

oh and 7 Norrises + 6 Cups + 10x 1st team AS is quite telling
I'm aware of who and what he was! But it was a very different era of hockey! One where most today are obviously voting on the accolades of others,not first hand knowledge!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm aware of who and what he was! But it was a very different era of hockey! One where most today are obviously voting on the accolades of others,not first hand knowledge!

It's a history poll. If you can only use first hand knowledge as criteria for your vote, you aren't qualified to vote in this poll at all. Which means that nobody is qualified.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
It's a history poll. If you can only use first hand knowledge as criteria for your vote, you aren't qualified to vote in this poll at all. Which means that nobody is qualified.
Okay...for fun then,I guess! Cause,what's the point then if accuracy in reporting"hearsay" is questionable?Which it always is.
Not trying to be difficult,it's just that there are so many variables to consider!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Okay...for fun then,I guess! Cause,what's the point then if accuracy in reporting"hearsay" is questionable?Which it always is.
Not trying to be difficult,it's just that there are so many variables to consider!
If you go by what most consider to be accurate historical records you should be able to use that to judge for yourself how good players are or were. I would say that "hearsay" from the right people is a more reliable source than most people's opinions to judge the game with their own eyes anyway.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
If you go by what most consider to be accurate historical records you should be able to use that to judge for yourself how good players are or were. I would say that "hearsay" from the right people is a more reliable source than most people's opinions to judge the game with their own eyes anyway.
Oh, I agree . Those who did not witness the games first hand are defaulting their opinion to the best possible sources and maybe some old footage/film. The era is not comparable though .I see younger fans wanting Sid up there and whatnot,to be expected I guess!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Oh, I agree . Those who did not witness the games first hand are defaulting their opinion to the best possible sources and maybe some old footage/film. The era is not comparable though .I see younger fans wanting Sid up there and whatnot,to be expected I guess!

Everyone sees their "generation" as the best to a certain extent, but I would hope that most Sid fans are now old enough to not let the bias through. Or maybe they're just brainwashed because the NHL has been spoonfeeding them "Crosby is the best" for so long now that they can't fathom many of these legends being better. I've seen a lot of players come and go, and while Sid is great, he's closer to the level of Sakic and Yzerman than he is to Gretzky and Lemeiux. And that is based off of my own viewings.

Reactions: hector morrison

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Everyone sees their "generation" as the best to a certain extent, but I would hope that most Sid fans are now old enough to not let the bias through. Or maybe they're just brainwashed because the NHL has been spoonfeeding them "Crosby is the best" for so long now that they can't fathom many of these legends being better. I've seen a lot of players come and go, and while Sid is great, he's closer to the level of Sakic and Yzerman than he is to Gretzky and Lemeiux. And that is based off of my own viewings.
This ,I concur as well,at least probable. That said I really do think Sid is great and Ovie is great,how they would fair against players in other eras is perhaps fun to discuss but, ultimately unknowable.
I've been viewing since '67(yes,that team!) and have seen many players evolve. Some crossed over from one era to the next ,some set records that will be difficult to break. Hence my vote for Martin Brodeur and I gotta add,I really didn't like them back then.But he was undeniably good!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad