The 13th Best Player In NHL History

Who's the 13th best player in NHL history?

• Total voters

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Best Players in NHL history (according to previous poll results):

1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Mario Lemieux
3. Bobby Orr
4. Gordie Howe
5. Jaromir Jagr
6. Sidney Crosby
7. Dominik Hasek
8. Alexander Ovechkin
9. Jean Beliveau
10. Bobby Hull
11. Maurice Richard
12. Nicklas Lidstrom

To be added:

Dionne
Make suggestions​

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Where would you rank him roughly?

For defensemen...
Below Bourque. Below Shore. Where would that put him? Near 20-25 probably depending on how many goalies we added to the top 20. Where would you rank Roy? Rocket should be higher.

Do you think this list is legit? Where would you rank Lidstrom?

Reactions: oXo Cube

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I never understood how people could argue strongly for players who played way back before the 40s or whatever. I doubt many folks on here were around to watch them live, and I'm not sure how much actual video footage there is of those days.

Other than trophy case, what do people judge those players on who they likely never saw play?

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
How is Brodeur ignored? Most wins,most shutouts,3 cups,2 olympic golds and a world championship !

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I never understood how people could argue strongly for players who played way back before the 40s or whatever. I doubt many folks on here were around to watch them live, and I'm not sure how much actual video footage there is of those days.

Other than trophy case, what do people judge those players on who they likely never saw play?
Good point! How many here even saw Howe ,Beliveau and Richard? Not that they aren't deserving ,but what are folks here going by?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Because the list is for players all-time, not just players who you actually saw live. How many people saw Howe or even Orr in their primes?

Reactions: 99664987

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Not that I’d vote for them now (or even in the next half-dozen polls), but you could add Forsberg, Bobby Hull, and Mikita. I’d take those three before a good number of names up there. Especially the latter two.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because the list is for players all-time, not just players who you actually saw live. How many people saw Howe or even Orr in their primes?

I'm not arguing about their inclusion. I was just wondering how people were actually judging them.

Plus, there's more footage available of Howe and Orr. How much footage is there of guys who played in the 20s or 30s?

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Not that I’d vote for them now (or even in the next half-dozen polls), but you could add Forsberg, Bobby Hull, and Mikita. I’d take those three before a good number of names up there. Especially the latter two.

Mikita is an option. Bobby Hull already won a poll and is 10th on the list in the OP. I'll add Forsberg eventually.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Crosby at 6 eh...

On my personal list, the top guy not picked yet is Doug Harvey. I have him 8th all-time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad