Prospect Info: The 12th Semi-Annual Beacon Prospect Poll: #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The first time since I began doing these polls that the top pick isn't running away with the vote. The top 4 are very clear, but the order in which they go is not.

Personally, my next pick will be Butcher because of his pro experience in the world's second-best league as a top player there, plus his excellent performance in the WJC. I think his ceiling is similar to the Duke, though Duke carries less risk because he's shown to be almost ready for the NHL. But I'll go with Butcher over Hayes or Skjei because of his higher ceiling.

Have to say a center with size and skill--there's very few of them and they're like gold. Hayes is crap on face-offs but I really like everything else about his game. His patience with the puck and his ability to hold off checkers are outstanding for his age and experience. Really love Duclair but--1.-4 are really close in my eyes. Right now I'd probably go 1. Hayes 2. Duclair 3. Skjei 4. Buchnevich. The order of 1.-4 could easily change by next training camp. Getting Buchnevich over here and in training camp might be all it takes.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hayes is a better player now, and might end up being one. Same with Fast.

But this is a prospects poll, so we're taking about potential. For that reason, Duclair.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Add Lindberg obviously. Also consider Seshtyorkin, he looked unreal at the WJC. Should be way higher than 20 IMO.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
For me it's gotta be Hayes but I can see why people would go with Duke.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Duke's stock is pretty high right now so I'd go with him over Hayes, but I love Hayes too.

Add Lindberg, he's a Center and our most consistent prospect in Hartford.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Voted for Buch, but I must've glazed over Hayes b/c I would've selected him on the basis that he is already an NHL regular.

Add Lindberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad