The 12th forward (winger)

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Pretty basic who do you want to fill the last remaining winger spot on opening night. Feel free to say who you want keep as our reserve player box forward.

FYI: All players listed above do have to pass through waivers.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Pitlick

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Draisaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-Gordon/Lander-Perron
Hendricks-Gordon/Lander-Pitlick
Arcobello

I like Arco in the PB as he can rotate anywhere throughout the lineup, and he's really the only lower end guy the team has that can do this.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Can't we just put Gazdic on the IR? Have Pitlick play against softer teams like Detroit and put Pinnizotto in against teams like Calgary? Joensuu can go in the PB after his two goal outing.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
I have loved what I have seen from Pinnizotto. So he has my vote.
Gazdic and Pitlick would be my close tie for second as I believe if you keep Gazdic someone else has got to stay with him so he doesn't play all the games.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I voted other. I honestly don't really care. Like to have Gazdic/Pinzotto in there against tougher teams. Arco was defensively sound so he can bring that. Lander/Pitlick could both break out at anytime so them seeing some NHL action could benefit them and the team. And Joensuu is Joensuu. He can play, it just seems that he has a problem staying healthy and it really hurts his play.

What's unfortunate is that we don't have the option with the forwards as we do with Klef and Marincin. Keeping guys playing and having different options is key, unfortunately with waivers GM's tend to get scared of bringing guys up and down. Would be nice to let the guys know that it's anyone's spot to win and then lose. The other miss is we can't really use money as a factor to dive these guys. Outside of Pinizotto and Pitlick the guys are all one-way deals with Pinizotto still making 225 in the AHL.

slim2001

Aug 2, 2008
Alberta
You have 3 (12th, 13th and 14th forward) open spots and more if an injury(s) occurs. The only 2 guys that I would not want to lose via waivers are Pitlick and Lander. I would have them at the least as the extra's and so far Joensuu has earned a spot. Voted Pitlick as I think he would be best suited with Gordon and Hendricks in the shutdown role.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Its just good to see that we have 3 quality forwards fighting for one roster spot and 3 quality Dmen fighting for the last D spot.

All of Pinz, Pitlick, JJ, Nurse, Marincin and Klefbom played good last night..

Finally some depth.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Pitlick

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Draisaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-Gordon/Lander-Perron
Hendricks-Gordon/Lander-Pitlick
Arcobello

I like Arco in the PB as he can rotate anywhere throughout the lineup, and he's really the only lower end guy the team has that can do this.

Hmm agree on Pitlick but not your line combos. Yak on the left just does not work.
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Leon-Yak
Pouliot-Gordon-Purcell
Hendricks-Lander-Pitlick

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
For me it's arcobello. Keep him in the bigs and fresh he should come around soon enough to at least the level he was last year. He isn't a defensive liability, he can be a bit of an energy player and can fill in in the top six in a pinch.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Out of the options in the poll, Joensuu absolutely deserves it the most.

Yeah, for these players, I think you go with who's impressed recently ("what have you done for me lately?").

I like Pitlick's hustle, but man I don't know about his hands.

I'd probably go:

Joensuu
Pinizzotto
Pitlick

and Arcobello as a replacement anywhere.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
For me it's arcobello. Keep him in the bigs and fresh he should come around soon enough to at least the level he was last year. He isn't a defensive liability, he can be a bit of an energy player and can fill in in the top six in a pinch.

I'd rather see him dominate the AHL and be a reliable call-up when we need him.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Pitlick and Gazdic have to make the team, because you can't risk losing them on waivers. There's 0 chance Gazdic clears, and not much better odds that Pitlick clears. The question is Pinizzotto or Joensuu?

Last edited:

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I picked pinozotto (sp?). The guy came in and knew his role from day one when he arrived. He get bonus points for beating a pest bully Matt Belesky to a pulp .

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Imo there's 3 spots available

Hall-Nuge-Yak
Perron-Drai-Ebs
Pou-Gordon-Purcell
Hendricks - X - X
X

I'd keep Arcobello, Pinizotto and Pitlick

JJ is great but we have seen preseason Joensuu before and I really don't want to lose Pitlick to waivers. I doubt Lander gets claimed.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I picked pinozotto (sp?). The guy came in and knew his role from day one when he arrived. He get bonus points for beating a pest bully Matt Belesky to a pulp .
The guy is a more skilled player then Gazdic, a but less of a fighter but Pinizotto is a much better player.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Pitlick, Joensuu, Lander.

Those are my 12,13,14th forwards.

I'd like to give Pitlick a chance, I wanna see what Uncle Yessy does with a back not acting up, and I still think Lander can get it.

Waive Gazdic. (I know it won't happen)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I will take Pinizzotto's less skill, for more focus, effort and consistency, over Joensuu higher skill level and optional "efforts" shall we say.

I wish Joensuu wasn't in camp, because the guy isn't a player, he showed that last year when he was given MORE opportunity.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If we are actually going by who has earned it.. Pitlick, Joensuu and Pinizzoto

I get the case for keeping Arco, and he is still in the hunt. That said, I think Lander is done. I hate saying it, because I always had high hopes for him, but the others have all just been better.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Pitlick and Gazdic have to make the team, because you can't risk losing them on waivers. There's 0 chance Gazdic clears, and not much better odds that Pitlick clears. The question is Pinizzotto or Joensuu?

I think both would clear quite easily.
Pitlick is a career AHLer thus far and not a very good one and Gazdic is a fighter who can barely play hockey signed to a 2 year contract. If somebody like Markstrom clears, there's no doubt that these 2 clear.

I think Joensuu deserves the opening night spot then Pinnizotto then Pitlick. I know that some are sour about Joensuu's regular season performance last season but that was last year and he was injured. He seems healthier this season and has outplayed the others so he deserves another shot IMO.

In any event, all of Joensuu, Pitlick, Pinnizotto and Gazdic will likely get a shot at some point this season.

DarkSaturn

Sep 10, 2008
Joensuu has a chance to fill the role Glencross filled for the Oilers. Energy + Secondary scoring from the 4th line is gold.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I think both would clear quite easily.
Pitlick is a career AHLer thus far and not a very good one and Gazdic is a fighter who can barely play hockey signed to a 2 year contract. If somebody like Markstrom clears, there's no doubt that these 2 clear.

I think Joensuu deserves the opening night spot then Pinnizotto then Pitlick. I know that some are sour about Joensuu's regular season performance last season but that was last year and he was injured. He seems healthier this season and has outplayed the others so he deserves another shot IMO.

In any event, all of Joensuu, Pitlick, Pinnizotto and Gazdic will likely get a shot at some point this season.

When we picked up Gazdic off waivers there were apparently a handful of other teams that also put in a claim, but we had priority over them. I don't think Pitlick is better or atleast has demonstrated that he is better then what most teams would be icing on their 4th line RW, but I know he has been asked for in trades before, I recall Minnesota inquiring about him during the Clutterbuck trade and there was one other trade I can't fully recall where a team asked for him to be included.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad