Fantasy Sports: The 10th edition Flyers WJC fantasy draft pool - BigToe wins!

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Well aside from my goalie pretty disappointing first day lmao

I'd wager you'll have the top scoring goalie in this tournament so it's a hot start there at least.

We have a three-way tie for first after day 1. It's @BigToe , @Captain Dave Poulin and myself all on 10 points. Time to start thinking about a tie-breaker? Long way to go still.

Please have look at your scores to make sure I tallied up all the points correctly. First day comes with the biggest risk of a mistake before I get familiar with the squads.

Standings after day 1:

PlacePlayerPoints
1BigToe10
1Captain Dave Poulin10
1Coffe10
4pit7
PALE PWNR
CutOnDime97

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Standings after day 2:

A multi-point performance from a Canadian draft-eligible player leading the way for our leader? Now that's deja vu. This year @BigToe is the beneficiary of five points from Celebrini to take a five point lead over @Captain Dave Poulin and myself. @pit is right on our heels in fourth.

PlacePlayerPoints
1BigToe22
2Captain Dave Poulin17
2Coffe17
4pit15
PALE PWNR
CutOnDime97

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Standings after day 3:

@BigToe
still on top but despite not getting any Hutson points on 11 goals @Captain Dave Poulin comes closer in second place. I'm third. @CutOnDime97 and @PALE PWNR each saw a player get 4 assists and closes the gap from behind.

The case of Cutter Gauthier is also why I do the scoring the day after as IIHF has had time to look through the video and correct any goals and assists accordingly. The WJC thread had some discussion about the number of assists he should have had. He now got four credited to him in this game.

PlacePlayerPoints
1BigToe27
2Captain Dave Poulin24
2Coffe23
4CutOnDime9717
pit
PALE PWNR

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Is Sweden ridiculously good or what? They haven't been scored on yet
I'd say yes, we have a very good defensive foundation. But then again you could say that two of these games have been Latvia and Germany. Germany isn't a pushover anymore but they'd fought a hard game against Finland the day before and looked a little gassed to me.

I'm almost inclined to say that Canada looked quite offensively inept today.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Standings after day 4:

@BigToe
extends the lead by one point to @Captain Dave Poulin and myself and we have gotten two distinct groups of three in the table. Canadians have been quiet on the score sheet so far and I think that's to blame for this separation. They have Germany upcoming so let's see if they can find their firepower there.

In today's two games there's only one active player in Michael Brandsegg-Nygård for @PALE PWNR who must be hoping for a Norwegian routing of the Swiss.

PlacePlayerPoints
1BigToe35
2Captain Dave Poulin31
2Coffe31
PALE PWNR
pit
5CutOnDime9721

Reactions: BigToe

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Standings after the group stage:

Everyone had a good day on New Years Eve except for me who amassed a whooping 3 points on a day when USA scores 10. (thanks Jimmy, great timing on the illness....).

This means that we have a two-horse race for the top spot with @BigToe still in command with @Captain Dave Poulin behind. @CutOnDime97 had a big day and is now tied with me for third. @PALE PWNR and @pit are still within reach of a podium finish.

PlacePlayerPoints
1BigToe48
2Captain Dave Poulin43
3Coffe34
CutOnDime97
PALE PWNR
6pit28

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Standings after quarter-finals:

The race for first is getting closer. @Captain Dave Poulin is only two points behind @BigToe right now. They've left the rest of us in the dust as the gap from Cap to @CutOnDime97 and myself is now 9 points. We're currently tied for 3rd.

The Canadian and Slovakian exit could prove the deciding factor as BigToe only lost two players in Celebrini and Strbak while Cap lost four.

PlacePlayerPoints
1BigToe54
2Captain Dave Poulin52
3Coffe43
CutOnDime97
PALE PWNR
6pit34

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Standings after quarter-finals:

The race for first is getting closer. @Captain Dave Poulin is only two points behind @BigToe right now. They've left the rest of us in the dust as the gap from Cap to @CutOnDime97 and myself is now 9 points. We're currently tied for 3rd.

The Canadian and Slovakian exit could prove the deciding factor as BigToe only lost two players in Celebrini and Strbak while Cap lost four.

PlacePlayerPoints
1BigToe54
2Captain Dave Poulin52
3Coffe43
CutOnDime97
PALE PWNR
6pit34

I put an emphasis on getting two good Dmen early, and Toe has one more point from his D than I do. This is a difficult thing to win.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Final Standings

Big congratulations to @BigToe who wins after a big final day! :cheers:

In the end it was not really nervy as five point from the bronze medal game sealed a solid lead.

Congrats also to @Captain Dave Poulin for a well-fought effort that ends in second place.

@CutOnDime97 takes third place after a strong final day with a four-point game from Jiri Kulich.

Commiserations to the rest of us. Better luck next year.

PlacePlayerPoints
1BigToe67
2Captain Dave Poulin60
3CutOnDime9756
Coffe
PALE PWNR
6pit43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad