The 10th Anniversary of The Hiring Of Tim Murray

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I know everyone is still sooo mad he traded away picks. But this overreaction and hoarding of them by the current regime isn’t fairing any better.

Can we have a damned middle ground and just…I don’t know…build a full team?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I know everyone is still sooo mad he traded away picks. But this overreaction and hoarding of them by the current regime isn’t fairing any better.

Can we have a damned middle ground and just…I don’t know…build a full team?
No and f*** you for even asking!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I see they're putting in a Murray-esque performance tonight as a memorial to their former foul-mouthed, stripper addicted dumbass.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Tim Murray’s last year looked an awful lot like this one In the standings. That was with one less off-season to work. Just…something I noticed.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
He brought one of my favorite players of the last 20 years in Ryan O’Reilly. It was great until the Bylsma slowly drained the life from him. That’s all I got. Everything else was terrible, and has somehow continued to be terrible.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
10 years . 3 different regimes of futility . When will this nightmare end? .. They have killed the hope of an entire fanbase and grounded it into desolate apathy.... I f***ing hate this franchise and that's hard for me to say. They're my #1 team and have been for almost 30 years. f*** you Terry.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
10 years . 3 different regimes of futility . When will this nightmare end? .. They have killed the hope of an entire fanbase and grounded it into desolate apathy.... I f***ing hate this franchise and that's hard for me to say. They're my #1 team and have been for almost 30 years. f*** you Terry.
When the Pegulas don't own this team

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Murray's singular achievement was traumatizing the Pegulas, especially Kim. Everything thing they've done since his ouster is to hire people who will never flaunt their authority again, abilities be damned. It's precisely why we're never climbing out of this hole.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Murray's singular achievement was traumatizing the Pegulas, especially Kim. Everything thing they've done since his ouster is to hire people who will never flaunt their authority again, abilities be damned. It's precisely why we're never climbing out of this hole.
I remember when KA was in the process of hiring Karmanos, Chad D heard that KA wanted to bring in Jim Rutherford to be a "Senior Advisor" but not President.

Apparently Rutherford said he would only take the position if the Pegula's stayed completely out of all hockey decisions and of course the Pegulas said no f***ing way.

Not saying Rutherford would have fixed this mess but just goes to show what people outside the org think of the Pegulas.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I remember when KA was in the process of hiring Karmanos, Chad D heard that KA wanted to bring in Jim Rutherford to be a "Senior Advisor" but not President.

Apparently Rutherford said he would only take the position if the Pegula's stayed completely out of all hockey decisions and of course the Pegulas said no f***ing way.

Not saying Rutherford would have fixed this mess but just goes to show what people outside the org think of the Pegulas.
On the one hand, you have a guy like Warren Buffett who interacts with the ceo's of the companies he owns/invests in maybe once a year. The businesses in Berkshire's portfolio tend to thrive with no intervention on his part. One his more famous adages is "I only invest in businesses that an idiot can run, because eventually one will."

On the other hand you have folks like the Pegulas, Tepper, Jones, and a slew of other filthy rich owners of sports franchises that confuse their brilliance in one sphere (capital markets, oil and gas exploration) with a general brilliance in all matters of business. And the more their teams flounder, the more they intervene, which causes their teams to suck even more, ad infinitum. The motto here should be "we only invest in teams that an idiot can run, and that idiot is us."

Reactions: Ralonzo

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
All these years later and I still can't understand how such a raging sociopath ever got hired in the first place. It should've taken no more than 5 minutes into his first interview to figure that out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad