Rumor: That has GM Garth Snow working the phones.

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
"hi this is Garth, do you have a goalie that you can trade here, and you have to subsidize his salary if he makes more then one million...also in return I can only offer you lady bing types of forwards who score 16 goals a year (I got 6 of them on my team) or a tiny defenseman who is more like a #6 type of defenseman on a team who has money to spend of real players"

startainfection*

he only needs to call 2 people, cappy telling him that he is fired and lavy telling him that what ever he wants he has from the isles

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
if he's not calling laviollette then call me tomorrow

2 big deals with the same team screams that a better deal could have been made if we traded for miller and vanek at the same time

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
The New York Islanders haven’t lived up to the expectations they made for themselves after pushing the Pittsburgh Penguins to the limit with a seven-game series last spring.

I mean, the 1st paragraph. He ****s up IN THE FIRST PARAGRAPH. I didn't read the rest. Dude is nuts.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Miller won't really make much of a difference with a coach as dumb as Cappy and a D as bad as ours is.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
trying to find the best deal possible. as i expect him to do in his situation. times are hard, and things dont look good man. he has a strict budget, and cant afford to go over board.

so hes "working the phones" as the title says. youve got to give the man credit when credit is due. hes doing his job. the man has next to no money too spend, so hes "working the phones" trying to find the cheapest pizza delivery place......... ( and he will still over pay for it......)

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Garrioch and Eklund have the same sources as we do on HF.

I put zero faith in whatever he writes.

I hope Snow doesn't think this team is a goalie away from anything this season. If so, he's dumber than I thought.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
if he's not calling laviollette then call me tomorrow

2 big deals with the same team screams that a better deal could have been made if we traded for miller and vanek at the same time

So trade a boatload of young talent for two impending ufas, when their is zero indication that the isles budget can stretch to give each $6.7-$7m per.

Bad idea Milbury.

Snow has needed a goalie upgrade and solid ,top 4 defenseman since the season started. His two big moves: forwards Clutterbuck and Vanek.

Awesome job Snow( sarcasm)

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
There is a quote from the Ducks gm , from about 2 weeks ago. He says no one is calling for goaltending. It is a weak market.

With Bryz signing in Edmonton, with Philly looking satisfied with Mason/Emery, I cannot think of another team looking for goaltending.

And does Nilsson's very solid play in his first game, cause Snow to hold off, give Nilsson several straight starts?

Incarnadine Sea

Mar 4, 2011
Long Island
Garrioch and Eklund have the same sources as we do on HF.

I put zero faith in whatever he writes.

I hope Snow doesn't think this team is a goalie away from anything this season. If so, he's dumber than I thought.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking as well. As of right now, a goalie is the least of our problems. Nilsson looked pretty good last night. A better goalie may squeeze a few more wins out of this team, but, with this defense, that's about it.

On the other hand, to Snow's defense, you can't solve all your problems at once. One step at a time. unfortunately, I was hoping the Isles would be done with a rebuild by now and now it looks like they need to rebuild all over again.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
i don't think the season is over. however the window is rapidly closing. however we're not just a goalie away from contention. We're a goalie and 3 Dmen (at least one of which is a top pair Dman) away. oh and of course a new coach.

This is why it was so incredibly asinine to not upgrade the goalie position during the summer when there wwere a bunch of quality goalies out there.

Aucoin3

Aug 9, 2005
Every problem the Islanders currently have existed during this past offseason. The offseason is a much easier time to address such problems. I dont expect any moves and for us to finish in the basement. We will keep our top 10 pick and probably flip Vanek for another 1st round pick. 7/14 will be round 2 for Snow to complete this roster.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
If the market is weak for goaltending, then at least we have an advantage. I really would have liked to get Malcolm Subban, but I don't think he will be ready soon and he has no experience, so we would be back to square 1.

IF we do deal for a goalie, it would probably be with a WEST team. I cannot see anyone from the east trading with us.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Im a fan of vanek but is it even possible to trade vanek for a solid defenseman UNDER CONTRACT for at least next year? And then sign Moulson lol...at at least at that point it would be a 1st and 2nd for said defenseman...i dont know anymore...just pulling ideas out of my *** you know like our front office

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Would love to bring in either Anderson or Lehner from Ottawa but the price tag is probably very high for both. I'd trade Vanek for either one + a pick and then look to bring back Matt in the offseason.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
looking for a GOALIE!? looking for a goalie now is a bit like tying your shoes while your hair is on fire.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
We need a goalie now....yeah....so ignore our defense and coach for a little bit. Just fire Snow already, Wang....and then go boar hunting or mountaineering afterwards, pls.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
looking for a GOALIE!? looking for a goalie now is a bit like tying your shoes while your hair is on fire.

Lol....one of the most surprising and puzzling Snow decisions, was his Nabby announcement 2-3 days after the Pens series ended.

Everyone is speculating on which goalie Snow would bring in , after Nabby's shaky postseason. Then Snow announces he wants Nabby back.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Lol....one of the most surprising and puzzling Snow decisions, was his Nabby announcement 2-3 days after the Pens series ended.

Everyone is speculating on which goalie Snow would bring in , after Nabby's shaky postseason. Then Snow announces he wants Nabby back.

Nabby was never the problem. The lack of a viable alternative if he got hurt, showed his age or just played bad was... and this is 100% on the doofus GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad