Thanks & Good Luck to Drew

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Oh come on now. You want to "THANK" Drew Stafford for anything he did for this franchise?

He's a classic Sabre mediocrity and underachiever.

I wish his new young family well however.

Someone's stuck in 2008. Just because he didn't become the player a lot had hoped for when he was drafted doesn't mean he wasn't a good player for this franchise. Don't be so obtuse.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Good luck Staff :handclap: Wouldn't mind seeing him come back for a couple more years at a reasonable price. He's a serviceable top 9 dude

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Leaving Kaleta as the senior most Sabres and the only one involved in the Prez run! Granted both were rookie call ups for injuries but it really is interesting to think Kaleta is the last remaining solider from that historic team.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Perhaps the most complete forward on this lackluster roster. Good luck Drew.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
If you want some where to **** all over a long time player that was just traded... a thread created to say thanks is not the place to do it.

This is a warning.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Don't feel like he ever really "got it" here. Maybe a new child and trade will make him more of a sound effort type. He was showing flashes but he does that during contract years. I won't miss seeing him on Allen.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Listening to his interview, I just remembered he has a month-old son. That makes the next few months really rough ... or a great way to avoid sleepless nights. :laugh:

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
Someone's stuck in 2008. Just because he didn't become the player a lot had hoped for when he was drafted doesn't mean he wasn't a good player for this franchise. Don't be so obtuse.

sorry, good guy and all I wish him the best of luck in life, but he in no way shape of form was ever a good player for this franchise and never did anything to help the sabres except take up a spot on the roster.....sorry but that's just how it is, a career as a below average forward who was lucky to be on a very bad team where even he was able to make the line up, the jets will see him quickly dissolve

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I just watched the Jets-Predators game. I thought Stafford looked great - especially since he's been with the team about 24 hours. Myers looked pretty good too - except he blocked a Shea Weber slap shot off the inside of his knee or ankle in the 3rd and went straight to the room.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I just watched the Jets-Predators game. I thought Stafford looked great - especially since he's been with the team about 24 hours. Myers looked pretty good too - except he blocked a Shea Weber slap shot off the inside of his knee or ankle in the 3rd and went straight to the room.

Yup, he looked good. Was in on Winnipeg's only goal, too.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
sorry, good guy and all I wish him the best of luck in life, but he in no way shape of form was ever a good player for this franchise and never did anything to help the sabres except take up a spot on the roster.....sorry but that's just how it is, a career as a below average forward who was lucky to be on a very bad team where even he was able to make the line up, the jets will see him quickly dissolve
What about fighting Neil as a rookie after the infamous Drury hit? What about his 4 hat tricks in one season? The guy had some great moments.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Staff had a real nice game for them. Myers, I thought, looked pretty timid early on but got more comfortable/looked better every period.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Marek vs Wyshinski mentioned him on their podcast yesterday, and how it's somewhat sad that he's just a footnote on the way out after spending 9 seasons on the team and always being involved in community work. Hope he gets a nice fat contract this off season.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I haven't cared for Stafford for a few years. Glad he's gone. However, that doesn't prevent me from wishing him a ton of success for the rest of his playing days. Good luck drewwwwwwww.

Karate Johnson*

Looks like I'm getting drunk and firing up the Stafford and Myers YouTube highlights tonight....

It's a traded vet Sabre tradition.

The key is to get drunk enough to cry

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese