Thanks & Good Luck to Drew

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Drew's always gotten a bit of a rough time from most fans since he didn't pan out the way a lot of people expected him to, but I always liked him as a player. Unless I'm mistaken I believe he was the most veteran Sabre up until the trade. Hopefully he can make something happen in Winnipeg, I'd love to see him do well there. Good luck, Drew!

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I've always liked Staff. I know lots of fans were hard on him because they wanted him to be a 60pt power forward and he didn't become that, but he's a good player and seems like a good guy too. Good luck to Drew and his family. Hope they like the Peg.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Other then his 30 goal season, Drew was consistently underrated for what he brought to the team.

Hopefully he shines with the Jets

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I'd still like to re-sign him this summer. Underrated physical two-way player. Seems like a good locker-room guy with some leadership. And I think he still has some 20-goal seasons ahead of him with the right talent around him.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I'd still like to re-sign him this summer. Underrated physical two-way player. Seems like a good locker-room guy with some leadership. And I think he still has some 20-goal seasons ahead of him with the right talent around him.

I'd be on-board with that if he doesn't resign with Winnipeg.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Yep, definitely under-appreciated. He's pretty crafty along the wall and was willing to stick up for teammates when the situation called for it.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I'm hoping we resign him. He's the ideal 3rd liner on a contender in my opinion.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Drew Stafford is a born loser who was much more interested in being a rock star than a sports star for the useful part of his career.

Enjoy the weather and night life in Winnipeg Drew.

Ciao.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
An underappreciated player. I hope he does well in Winnipeg. I feel for the guy having to uproot himself and his family this soon after having a baby.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm hoping we resign him. He's the ideal 3rd liner on a contender in my opinion.

If they were to resign him it would have to be something short.

Kane, Ennis, Hodgson, Moulson are all signed for 3 or more years after this season.

With the kids coming up starting in 2015 and 2016 you want to give them some roster room to get into other than being 4th line players.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
If they were to resign him it would have to be something short.

Kane, Ennis, Hodgson, Moulson are all signed for 3 or more years after this season.

With the kids coming up starting in 2015 and 2016 you want to give them some roster room to get into other than being 4th line players.

I think Hodgson will get bought out this offseason. Ennis, Kane, Moulson, and Grigorenko/Reinhart/McEichel fill out the top 2 lines on wing (traffic jam at center forces someone to wing). Stafford grabs a spot on the 3rd line. Des, Foligno, Larsson, Carrier fill out 3/4 remaining spots.

Guys like Fasching, Bailey, Baptiste, and Cornel aren't going to be on the Sabres for a while.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Good luck, Stafford.

Drew Stafford is a born loser who was much more interested in being a rock star than a sports star for the useful part of his career.

Enjoy the weather and night life in Winnipeg Drew.

Ciao.

Embarrassing post littered with garbage.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Good luck, Stafford.

Embarrassing post littered with garbage.

Oh come on now. You want to "THANK" Drew Stafford for anything he did for this franchise?

He's a classic Sabre mediocrity and underachiever.

I wish his new young family well however.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Thanks for winning the Boston tragedy game drove a friend who's bruins fan to yell out "I F***cking HATE YOUR TEAM!!!!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad