Thank You Sweden

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
We'll trade you Shania Twain for these:

sweden.jpg

Package Don Cherry in with Shania and we have a deal. I'm sure he'd love spending his retirement here.

EDIT: I should probably also add that this was sarcasm...

Last edited:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Package Don Cherry in with Shania and we have a deal. I'm sure he'd love spending his retirement here.

EDIT: I should probably also add that this was sarcasm...

Too late with the retraction! Don and Shania are on their way. Don't tailor precedes him, so if you need curtains or linens, run to Ikea before he buys everything.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There is one more Swede I would be interested in picking up in a Bishop deal

magnus-paajarvi-svensson-e1272403224177.jpg

I wonder how he would look on Silf and Zib's line if Lats left

He would look good even if Lats stays...

Latendresse - Spezza - ??? (Noesen, Stone?)
Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
MPS - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Greening - Smith - Neil

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Too late with the retraction! Don and Shania are on their way. Don't tailor precedes him, so if you need curtains or linens, run to Ikea before he buys everything.

in sweden, ikea is actually called "furniture store"

:sarcasm:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Would anyone be willing to take a chance on Omark?

He is playing well in Europe, and a change of scenery could be could for him. The fact that he would have Alfie as a mentor, and 4 young Swedes to grow up with could help too.

Of course there is a chance that he goes Filatov on us, but if we could get a good deal it might be worth the risk

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Would anyone be willing to take a chance on Omark?

He is playing well in Europe, and a change of scenery could be could for him. The fact that he would have Alfie as a mentor, and 4 young Swedes to grow up with could help too.

Of course there is a chance that he goes Filatov on us, but if we could get a good deal it might be worth the risk

I'm on that wagon too. I'm not convinced that he can't cut it in the NHL. He's leading the Swiss Elite League in scoring and is 5 points up on the next guy back.

A HockeyBuzz article I read figured a 3rd would be a good price to ask for him, maybe Murray could offer that 4th we just got? :naughty:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I'm on that wagon too. I'm not convinced that he can't cut it in the NHL. He's leading the Swiss Elite League in scoring and is 5 points up on the next guy back.

A HockeyBuzz article I read figured a 3rd would be a good price to ask for him, maybe Murray could offer that 4th we just got? :naughty:

What is the minimum salary to require compensation? Because according to cap geek he isn't under contract right now.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
What is the minimum salary to require compensation? Because according to cap geek he isn't under contract right now.

To be honest I'm not sure, I didn't even think they still had his rights until I read that HB article. I'm reading something else at the moment about his status, but I'm pretty clueless as far as contract issues are concerned.

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/3/9/4082642/linus-omark-wants-to-play-in-the-nhl-oilers-red-wings

I spoke with Omark's agent, Patrik Aronsson, about his client's contract status, and Aronsson indicated Omark's deal with Zug ends when the post-season ends and he's back under Edmonton's control.
If Zug is eliminated after the deadline, the Oilers still have 12 games in which to feature Omark for an off-season trade. Omark's NHL equivalencies (and his one NHL season) show a player who can put up offense equivalent to any second-line player in the NHL:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad