Thank you Pittsburgh, from Canada!!

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
At the bar I watched it at, everyone there for the start of the game was a hockey fan, and everyone got quiet and stood up for O Canada. It was actually moving. It will go down as one of my prouder moments as a Pens fan. All the respect, support, and well wishes to our neighbors to the north...

Wow. Bar patrons. That's pretty amazing.

All Pittsburgers (all Americans, really) should be proud.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
At the bar I watched it at, everyone there for the start of the game was a hockey fan, and everyone got quiet and stood up for O Canada. It was actually moving. It will go down as one of my prouder moments as a Pens fan. All the respect, support, and well wishes to our neighbors to the north...

What bar is this? I need to go there.

[for some reason I had a question mark at the end of my second sentence]

Last edited:

trooper66

Jun 28, 2008
Alberta
Boys, I have been a pens fan ever since I first watched hockey night in Canada, twenty something years ago, the game was pens vs leafs at the garden in Toronto, I was 8 or 9 years old and I was in awh of Mario and have been a fan ever since. I took a trip to the beautiful city of Pittsburgh during the eastern conference finals in 2012 where unfortinually we lost to the bruins , but I did meet some really nice people in your city!!! Cuttos to you guys n gals

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Another canadian saying thank you. It was emotional watching this. Proud to share this continent with great people in the USA.

I remember after 9/11 I went to a canucks game vs the oilers and they played the American national anthem and everyone sang.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I've been to Pittsburgh many times and have nothing but fond memories. You're the salt of the Earth and this just reinforces that fact.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Thankyou Pittsburgh and the fans and the US, very touchy moment watching the fans sing O Canada.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Boys, I have been a pens fan ever since I first watched hockey night in Canada, twenty something years ago, the game was pens vs leafs at the garden in Toronto, I was 8 or 9 years old and I was in awh of Mario and have been a fan ever since. I took a trip to the beautiful city of Pittsburgh during the eastern conference finals in 2012 where unfortinually we lost to the bruins , but I did meet some really nice people in your city!!! Cuttos to you guys n gals

I've never been to Pittsburgh, but now I'd like to go just to meet some of the people. And catch a ball game because McCutchen is my latest favourite ball player.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
After the terrorist attack on our parliament , U brought tears to my eyes with the singing of Oh Canada. Nice touch.

Wonder if Mario had a hand in this?

Thank u so much. We stand together.

No, Thank YOU Canada for finally calling it what it is and sending the message. I wish our leadership here would step up and label these attacks what they really are, instead of "workplace violence".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad