OT: Thank You Mods!

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Feel free to merge/delete this if it's not appropriate or deteriorates into name calling and Bruins/Habs bashing, but I just wanted to say thanks mods for all that you guys do and for keeping this place as sane as possible!

We all appreciate the work you guys do to keep this place clean and fun. I can't count the number of hours I have spent reading HFBoards and I know that you're part of the reason this is such a great site. Without you guys, I would drive myself crazy reading some of the trolls and comments (even more than I do already).

I'm sure you all have had your hands full already with the Habs/Bruins series, and the games haven't even started. So good luck to you all and thanks again for keeping out the riffraff.

I certainly wouldn't want your job!

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
I will drink numerous beers in honor of all of you mods over the course of this series

David Krejci*

I've always wondered, what about one section of the forum that is just completely no holds barred, anything goes, unmodded? Wouldn't that give people and trolls a specific place to have a real release, and by proxy for the most part, significantly cut down on the crap on the real boards? Just an idea.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I've always wondered, what about one section of the forum that is just completely no holds barred, anything goes, unmodded? Wouldn't that give people and trolls a specific place to have a real release, and by proxy for the most part, significantly cut down on the crap on the real boards? Just an idea.

No can do.
There are business aspects to the site that wont allow for that.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Every time I sign on here, I say a silent thank you to the Mods that keep this place sane. They do the job that no one else would ever do in their wildest dreams.

member 96824

Ever seen the politics forum.

Basically, it's not a good idea..at all.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The best thing we can all do to help is to use the "report post" icon if someone is violating the site rules.

It's only natural to want to stick up for your team or a fellow poster on the Bruins board, but when we start quoting posts and firing back, it just doubles the work.

We like watching the games too :)

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The best thing we can all do to help is to use the "report post" icon if someone is violating the site rules.

It's only natural to want to stick up for your team or a fellow poster on the Bruins board, but when we start quoting posts and firing back, it just doubles the work.

We like watching the games too :)

What do you do when you report a post that is blatantly breaking a site rule, and I don't mean a little, I mean something incredibly offensive, and that board's moderators won't delete it?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
What do you do when you report a post that is blatantly breaking a site rule, and I don't mean a little, I mean something incredibly offensive, and that board's moderators won't delete it?

PM one of us.

It's always best to PM when it comes to something like this rather than firing back in the forum.

No sense getting infracted yourself.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Don't PM me. :)

In all seriousness though, PM a mod you've talked to before that will hear you out, even if it has to be me. I have no problem taking a second look at something if you're feeling ignored.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
PM one of us.

It's always best to PM when it comes to something like this rather than firing back in the forum.

No sense getting infracted yourself.

agree if it is that over the line we will take it to the attention of the Admins and see if that will get it deleted. There are so many reports that sometimes only the board mods see the report and it is not seen by an admin to overrule the item.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Don't PM me. :)

In all seriousness though, PM a mod you've talked to before that will hear you out, even if it has to be me. I have no problem taking a second look at something if you're feeling ignored.

I always feel that way on this board....

But not from you guys. I love you guys, even when I don't.

Some other teams moderators are okay with incredibly offensive posts on their board, so I'll just have to be okay with it being a reflection on that fanbase.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Add to that when there is a Bruins/Habs playoff series I think reports go up like 5,000,000,000,000,000,000%.

totally a conservative estimate.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I always feel that way on this board....

But not from you guys. I love you guys, even when I don't.

Some other teams moderators are okay with incredibly offensive posts on their board, so I'll just have to be okay with it being a reflection on that fanbase.

that is a great way to look at it Mike. And at that point just stay away from the other board that is bothering you and stay at home with us. :D

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Just as in real life, if something makes you angry take a few seconds and don't immediately post, take your time, punch a pillow with Subbans face taped on it, say serenity now, take a walk and everything will be fine.

If not then maybe anger management is the next best thing.:laugh:

member 96824

I'm still slightly bitter you guys suggest against gracing the other teams boards with some quality 90s rock

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
For those about to moderate, we salute you.

There are things I miss about moderating (mainly being able to interact closely with all the other mods), but there are things that make my blood pressure go up just thinking about them. These series with the Habs are the big ones.

I appreciate all the mods, Bruins and Habs and everybody else. Its a hard task made all the more difficult due to their also being fans.

I will pray for a "relatively" clean series with decent officiating. Amen.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
For those about to moderate, we salute you.

There are things I miss about moderating (mainly being able to interact closely with all the other mods), but there are things that make my blood pressure go up just thinking about them. These series with the Habs are the big ones.

I appreciate all the mods, Bruins and Habs and everybody else. Its a hard task made all the more difficult due to their also being fans.

I will pray for a "relatively" clean series with decent officiating. Amen.

I miss your Snake avatar!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad