GDT: Thank You Jeff Rimer | Penguins @ Jackets | 7 PM EST

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
When they speak about players and personnel Rimer has crossed paths with throughout his career, they should mis-pronounce some names to see if he notices.
Note this isn’t intended as a dig on you……I probably poke at Rimer as much as anyone here, but I think tonight is one where we honor him and focus on the positives he’s done in Columbus including being a huge supporter of the city and the team. So I’m going to proceed in that spirit tonight

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
That call from the Nash goal shows why he was an NHL announcer. Time has taken its toll on him and his skills are diminished (Father Time spares no one) but he's been the recognizable voice of the CBJ for 20 or so years and he deserves his night of honor.

I'll forgive all of his faux pas on the air, but I'll never forgive him for going toe-to-toe with Cincinnati legend Pete Rose:laugh:. I hope tonight is a memorable one for him and those in attendance.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Note this isn’t intended as a dig on you……I probably poke at Rimer as much as anyone here, but I think tonight is one where we honor him and focus on the positives he’s done in Columbus including being a huge supporter of the city and the team. So I’m going to proceed in that spirit tonight

Yeah I get it. I'm happy for him.
Met him when I attended the fantasy camp, chatted a bit. Main reason he's retiring is his wife's health, he still wanted to continue, FYI

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
IMG_1531.jpeg

We out here! Let’s send all these Yinzers home disappointed.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
No Jenner tonight. Might actually tune in to see Vincents head explode. He might try to forfeit the game

Cujorulesdtown9

More Blue Pants
Sep 9, 2007
Michigan
Figured id dust this account off, been a hot minute since ive posted here(as if my ancient wrestling avatar was any indication 🤣)
Going to be interesting to see PV not be able to play Jenner.

Also, hats off to Rimer, incredible career in the booth!

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
No Jenner tonight. Might actually tune in to see Vincents head explode. He might try to forfeit the game
I’ll assume Voronkov will get back with Marchenko mow as Sillinger will move up to 1C. But I’d be happy to see Dimi at 1 C. He may already be better than Sillinger. But with PV anything is possible.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Imagine being in a penny pinching organization so inept that you get to make your NHL debut simply because you were a healthy scratch today in an AHL game.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Imagine being in a penny pinching organization so inept that you get to make your NHL debut simply because you were a healthy scratch today in an AHL game.

This hasn't typically been a penny pinching organization.

I don't recall a time when they kept the NHL roster so short, maybe it's because they're trying not to cripple Cleveland.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
This hasn't typically been a penny pinching organization.

I don't recall a time when they kept the NHL roster so short, maybe it's because they're trying not to cripple Cleveland.
yeah, I know but the fact that kept the roster right at 20 players out of being conservative to not blow through their 4 recalls has left them living and dying by the emergency recall just to field a full team.

Maybe in the future they should just try to acquire a couple of more expiring contract cap dumps to be healthy scratches or something. In any event, this is worst case scenario for filling out a team for the rest of the season.

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
yeah, I know but the fact that kept the roster right at 20 players out of being conservative to not blow through their 4 recalls has left them living and dying by the emergency recall just to field a full team.

Maybe in the future they should just try to acquire a couple of more expiring contract cap dumps to be healthy scratches or something. In any event, this is worst case scenario for filling out a team for the rest of the season.

knowing our luck those vets on expiring contracts will also get hurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad