Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Best to Smitty!

1677203360479.png

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Been a fan and have enjoyed watching him since his rookie season with the Preds. Hell of a versatile player who gave it everything every shift. Business of the game dictated he needed to be moved. Hope he continues to have success in the NHL and I will always remain a fan of his. Glad that he played with the Bs for a few seasons.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I can’t really add to what’s already been said so I will just echo.

You never questioned his effort. He plays a streaky game. I think I recall his first season he sort of ghosted for a month then just set the place ablaze afterward. Unfortunately he’s been riding this cold spell for quite some time. Lost his effectiveness.

And as others stated- you can tell he was well liked. He was always seen in pics with the boys whether around the rink or a Sox game or what have you. I’m sure the locker room is torn about it.

Best of luck Smitty. I hope you earn another contract bud

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I wish you nothing but the best Smitty. I hope you find success (just not against the B's).

Thank You for some great moments over the last 2 seasons.
Great thread. You can never say Smith didn't work his hardest, it's unfortunate he couldn't keep his play up but I hope he gives it hell for Washington.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Can only echo the other sentiments posted here. Smith's a great guy, always played hard as a Bruin. As I said in another post, the Hall-Krejci-Smith line that formed in 2021 when Hall first came to Boston was short-lived but great to watch while it lasted. All the best to Craig.

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Was not a fan of this signing when it happened. But that being said, Craig Smith worked very hard on the ice and by all accounts is a good guy off-ice. I hope him all the best moving forward.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
I was a big Smitty supporter and sad to see him go but also understand why. I hope he finds success where he's at now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad