Thailand vs Kuwait. Hockey. 57-0

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
If the shots are 122 to 1 ... it's kind of like the 1 is actually a huge failure by the powerhouse to have surrendered, if you think about it
The Kuwait side put all of their heart and perseverance into getting that one shot on net 🤩

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I know someone who was integral in recently setting up and playing on a women's national team for a middle east country. She could barely skate so this type of score doesn't really surprise me.

Note: I don't mean that in a bad way about her skating. It's just the reality. Her skating and hockey ability was at an adult beginner level. She deserves kudos and respect for being instrumental in playing a part of extending hockey to a non-traditional place.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Digging inside the numbers reveals some absolutely ludicrous stats.

• Natapat Patong led all skaters with 13 points, made up of 7 goals and 6 assists
  • Natchayatorn Yannakornthannapunt plays defense, and still finished with 11 points — 7 goals and 4 assists
  • Kuwait’s poor goalie Faisal Allenqawi was kept in all game and to his credit managed to actually make 65 saves (along with the 57 he let in)
  • Thailand have a player named Kenneth Nathan Thongsong, which I mention as as excuse to post this photo of Sisqo.
This is not the worst save percentage.

Could maybe fill Toronto's goaltending issues.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
How does it take over 20 seconds.

In high-school as not even a good 100 meter dash runner I would beat that easily. I would beat that today being overweight.

That sprinter is actually a tennis player. If I remember correctly, the original sprinter got injured, and somebody had to run.

I’m wondering what the story is with the person that finished second last is. She got absolutely smoked, but still was way faster than the Somali girl. Like did she get injured, or is she someone else that was an EBUG? Or EBUR in this case

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
That sprinter is actually a tennis player. If I remember correctly, the original sprinter got injured, and somebody had to run.

I’m wondering what the story is with the person that finished second last is. She got absolutely smoked, but still was way faster than the Somali girl. Like did she get injured, or is she someone else that was an EBUG? Or EBUR in this case

Let me be clear high-school me didn't train to do sprints and I was never selected in high-school to represent for the dash.

If tennis had yet be played perhaps she didn't want to be injured?

Just wild to me that an athlete like her wouldn't do better. Like I am just expecting more. Again if it was injury concerns then that's fine.

Reactions: DaveG

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I dunno I think there's something a bit unbecoming smashing a team like this. Surely at like 10-0 you can say, OK we've obviously won let's save these fellow humans a bit of humiliation
It really depends on just how bad the team is. It's like play fighting with a kid, you can visibly tell when you're trying not to hurt them and it might feel patronizing lol. You've still gotta respect your opponent by at least trying to look competitive.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Ok.. how much would a high school team from Minnesota or Toronto lose by?

The Minnesota Army National Guard actually played a mini tournament with the Kuwait National Team like 8 to 10 years ago when they were stationed there.

The NG had 3 teams, but only like 5-10 players had actually played HS hockey or any hockey (including my brother) and they were split amongst the 3 teams. None of them were goalies though.

I believe the Kuwait team did end up winning the the 4 team tourney. Lack of goaltending hurt them, my brothers teams goalie was a girl who had never played hockey before.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
This should give you an idea of how bad Kuwait is:
1714075401386.png

Guy lined up on the wrong side of the dots lol.

This happened multiple times with different players.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Shots were 122-1, but I thought it was a bit redeeming that they least they got a shot!

And then I saw the shot chart:

1714076414771.png

I feel bad for the guy who had to track this. It also makes me wonder why they didn't just play without the goalie and go 6v5, see if they could get 100...

Attachments

• 1714076381729.png
    1714076381729.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Feel bad for the goalie. Since the shots were 122-1 all (literally all) of the play was probably in their end and he was probably peppered with high quality chances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad