Toronto FC: TFC 2024 Season

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Opening Day.

With the return of Laryea on the heels of the other recent acquisitions, am I being overly optimistic in thinking that if we stay relatively healthy, this roster could make the playoffs? On paper at least, I think we have the potential.

One thing I am certain of is that John Herdman will continue to work tirelessly to get the most out of his players.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Ritchie Laryea is such a scummy douche player.

hes the most concacaf player ever. I guess it’s good (?) to have one of those guys on your team, but the optics are so bad.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Game 1in the books.
the good: goalkeeper. New midfield especially flores.
bernadeschi has some nice runs. Laryea had some good moments too but my god i hate his theatrics.

everything else was pretty meh. The bench looks terrible. They need way more attacking players especially at striker. Akionla sucks. The academy youngsters don’t Bring much. TFC academy Has never produced anyone that I can think of.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah I'd agree with the meh sentiment.

I take the point on the road to start the year, but it was not an overly inspiring 90 minutes. On to the next one.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
One of the most overrated players in football history.
why do you say that?

When someone is called overrated, there's an undertone of "he's not that good".

He's pretty damn good and easily the best player Canada has ever produced.
you also have to put his name into context of where he's from... obviously when someone brings his name up in Canada, people will listen. It is newsworthy because of who he is. It's just like when Steve Nash was in his prime.... so yeah he gets talked a lot about in this country.

I think it's kind of strange that there's an agreement for davies now... i have no idea what his contract situation is and if he would be going on a free transfer or what, but last i checked Real Madrid tend to go after good soccer players.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
One of the most overrated players in football history.
What? He is literally top 3-5 in his position. I'd even argue he is the second best LB in the world behind Theo Hernandez. Many probably put Grimaldo in second after the season he is having with Leverkusen, which is totally fair. I just at 23, Davies is right there and will likely progress even further over the coming 2 to 3 season.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
What? He is literally top 3-5 in his position. I'd even argue he is the second best LB in the world behind Theo Hernandez. Many probably put Grimaldo in second after the season he is having with Leverkusen, which is totally fair. I just at 23, Davies is right there and will likely progress even further over the coming 2 to 3 season.

I won't get into an argument with you but I will say that I generally dislike this era of football and footballers so I am extremely biased lol. It is hard to explain but I feel like the individualness and fantasy of the game has disappeared and all the best players are clones of each other.

Ritchie Laryea is such a scummy douche player.

hes the most concacaf player ever. I guess it’s good (?) to have one of those guys on your team, but the optics are so bad.

I like Laryea, and to paraphrase Mourinho, sometimes you need 'bastards' to win.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
With the team suddenly making acquisitions there's at least some reason to be hopeful again. The team's complete paralysis on building the roster after signing the Italians was a nightmare. Hopefully these signings (with some being relatively young and ready to enter their primes) build out the depth and make for a complete squad that can create some kind of tactical identity.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
With the team suddenly making acquisitions there's at least some reason to be hopeful again. The team's complete paralysis on building the roster after signing the Italians was a nightmare. Hopefully these signings (with some being relatively young and ready to enter their primes) build out the depth and make for a complete squad that can create some kind of tactical identity.
Talent shouldn't be an issue with this team. Comes down to mentality... Can Herdman get this team to gel and push for the playoffs.

The talent is there.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
There’s not much talent in the shape of an out and out striker.

I don’t know much about prince mind you.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
There’s not much talent in the shape of an out and out striker.

I don’t know much about prince mind you.
Definitely the weakest area of the team is in the ST/CF area.

Still annoyed TFC didn't take a punt on Woobens Pacius from Forge to be a cheap option there.

Reactions: al secord

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Great start to the Herdman era so far.

Even though I'd prefer that all games be broadcasted on regional networks, I'm impressed with the quality of the AppleTV broadcasts.

Reactions: thehockeysong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad