NFL: Texans fire GM Brian Gaine

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Y'know you could post something instead of forcing people to go to reddit.

Cal McNair is apparently very close with former GM Rick Smith. How much do you want to bet that dingus is about to be re-inserted as the Texans GM.

Reactions: Roman Fell

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I was about to say thats strange considering they hired him last January but then I remembered the guy who hired him (Bob McNair) is no longer alive, so who knows.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Y'know you could post something instead of forcing people to go to reddit.

Cal McNair is apparently very close with former GM Rick Smith. How much do you want to bet that dingus is about to be re-inserted as the Texans GM.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I don't get this. Him and BOB seemed to be on the same page. Must be something with Cal McNair or a personal problem. Or they don't like how is handling Clowney.

Last edited:

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
How do teams fire GM's after the draft and FA and expect the new guy to have a chance with players that aren't his. It's like someone buys ingredients, starts cooking them, and halfway thru making someone else take over when the food is ruined. If everything was good, he'd still be there. What good GM will come in being handcuffed like this. They'll only get someone with barely any experience who is trying to make their name.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How do teams fire GM's after the draft and FA and expect the new guy to have a chance with players that aren't his. It's like someone buys ingredients, starts cooking them, and halfway thru making someone else take over when the food is ruined. If everything was good, he'd still be there. What good GM will come in being handcuffed like this. They'll only get someone with barely any experience who is trying to make their name.
Martin Mayhew's name has been out there, so they're definitely looking at experience.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This situation is definitely not getting better nor looking good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If that's the case, then that's fine he was fired because that could've been much more trouble down the line, apart from how shitty it is. But I wouldn't say the situation doesn't look any better.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
In Cal McNair's statement, he mentioned his high character. I think they just thought he could be upgraded upon. They have a new guy in from the Patriots who evaluates everyone, and apparently that is why he got the axe.

Sep 19, 2008
In Cal McNair's statement, he mentioned his high character. I think they just thought he could be upgraded upon. They have a new guy in from the Patriots who evaluates everyone, and apparently that is why he got the axe.
but the tampering charges

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad