TEX-TOR brawl suspensions: Odor gets 7 games, Gibbons gets 3, Andrus & Bautista get 1

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It was a great precedent for Odor to set. How many guys you think are gonna take a dirty slide into 2nd in the near future on Odor? ;)

All joking aside maybe in the end all of this will help with the bad blood, especially with Prince just laughing it all off. I think he was a good person to hit at the end of the day. A little more protected than most from a bean, and a pretty easygoing personality.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
It was a great precedent for Odor to set. How many guys you think are gonna take a dirty slide into 2nd in the near future on Odor? ;)

All joking aside maybe in the end all of this will help with the bad blood, especially with Prince just laughing it all off. I think he was a good person to hit at the end of the day. A little more protected than most from a bean, and a pretty easygoing personality.

I don't think he scares anyone... If anything, I'd think he might be careful how he slides now... We've learned that punching people gets you lots of attention, free BBQ food and a weeks vacation.

Excellent precedent.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I agreed with the original suspensions. I have no idea what their reasoning is in regards to the results of the appeals.

How does one get a game reduced from punching someone in the face?
How does one not atleast get a one game reduction from an action such as Jose's?

Bizaro.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I agreed with the original suspensions. I have no idea what their reasoning is in regards to the results of the appeals.

How does one get a game reduced from punching someone in the face?
How does one not atleast get a one game reduction from an action such as Jose's?

Bizaro.

I just don't understand what he's suspended for? The slide?

Isn't the rule to award the out on those slides? Did it warrant a suspension?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
i think bautista's was for escalating the situation.

Puffing his chest out and acting tough?:laugh:

You're probably right, but I'm not sure that's just either.... Oh well.

For those who love to hate Bautista - his response is that MLB is depriving it's fans of the opportunity to see him play!:laugh: ... I thought he was joking...

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
MLB made another big mistake and being inconsistent on their discipline is not going to make many happy.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I just don't understand what he's suspended for? The slide?

Isn't the rule to award the out on those slides? Did it warrant a suspension?

Dirty slides, and bowling over the catcher for that matter, are way more dangerous than getting thrown at. So long as the pitch isn't 100 mph at my head, taking a fast ball on the thigh, ribs or ass, while painful, is a helluva lot better than getting cleats in the knee on a slide that takes the player three feet past 2nd.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Dirty slides, and bowling over the catcher for that matter, are way more dangerous than getting thrown at. So long as the pitch isn't 100 mph at my head, taking a fast ball on the thigh, ribs or ass, while painful, is a helluva lot better than getting cleats in the knee on a slide that takes the player three feet past 2nd.

His cleats were down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad