Trade: [TEX/NYM] Max Scherzer for Luisangel Acuna

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can’t believe this would be allowed to get out if it wasn’t actually going to happen

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Scherzer last night was talking like someone who wants out.
"You have to talk to the brass. You have to understand what they see, what they're going to do," Scherzer said. "That's the best I can tell you. I told you I wasn't going to comment on this until Steve was going to sell. We traded Robertson. Now we need to have a conversation."

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Sebastian Walcott and Brock Porter were potentially scratched. Are they good?

Maybe no Walcott. Him being scratched might have been for discipline reasons

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I can’t believe this would be allowed to get out if it wasn’t actually going to happen

Other insiders confirmed the deal being in place, seems like its all on Scherzer at this point in making or breaking it

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
well that was a short lived attempt at going all in by the mets. verlander will probably be dealt next. assuming the hold up here has to do with scherzer's option for next season

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
well that was a short lived attempt at going all in by the mets. verlander will probably be dealt next. assuming the hold up here has to do with scherzer's option for next season

Is it realistic trading him after just half a season?

Would he return much? Assuming Mets don’t eat a shit ton of the contract…

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Would love to know how long this took to come together too.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Acuna ranked 3rd on Rangers prospect list and having the type of season to justify it.

Rosenthal on FOX's pre-game show said Verlander moving is not ouf of the question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad