Teuvo Teravainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This kid looks better and better every game. I believe tonight was his first time being awarded a game star as well.

He's giving Q no reason at all to send him down once Versteeg returns. I'd love to see him get PP time and take Bickell off the second unit.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
He's really starting to impress me. Just handles the puck so well, knows the right play to make, and has clearly gained confidence each game. Love what I'm seeing!

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You want 86 standing in front of the net?

That sounds like not a great idea.

If you want him working off the half-wall, a la Kane, that could work, but he wouldn't be replacing Bickell in that instance.

As far as being sent down or not, who knows with Q. I think he should stay too, but it's going to be interesting to see how the lines shake out.

Sharp is the x-factor I think.

He doesn't work on the 3rd line, he's starting to look good again on the 2nd line.

So do you put Versteeg and Bickell with Teuvo on the third (since Versteeg can play both sides), and put Shaw on the 4th?

Or do you reunite Versteeg and Kane, and move Saad down to third line with Bickell (cause Saad has played both sides, albeit, he prefers LW), reunite Sharp with Toews and Hossa, and still put Shaw on the 4th?

LandofLincoln*

This kid looks better and better every game. I believe tonight was his first time being awarded a game star as well.

He's giving Q no reason at all to send him down once Versteeg returns. I'd love to see him get PP time and take Bickell off the second unit.

He should have scored twice. It wasn't good enough.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
I would love to see him stay up but I'm also really high on him.
Saad - Toews - Hossa
Steeg - Richards - Kane
Sharp - TT - Bickell
Shaw - Kruger - Smith
That offense rivals that of 2010

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
This was the first time I've watched TT on NA ice leaving wowed. This kid is every bit as special as some people painted him. He should be up for good.

LandofLincoln*

If you want him working off the half-wall, a la Kane, that could work, but he wouldn't be replacing Bickell in that instance.

As far as being sent down or not, who knows with Q. I think he should stay too, but it's going to be interesting to see how the lines shake out.

He doesn't work on the 3rd line, he's starting to look good again on the 2nd line.

So do you put Versteeg and Bickell with Teuvo on the third (since Versteeg can play both sides), and put Shaw on the 4th?

Or do you reunite Versteeg and Kane, and move Saad down to third line with Bickell (cause Saad has played both sides, albeit, he prefers LW), reunite Sharp with Toews and Hossa, and still put Shaw on the 4th?

I'm not saying do this permanently, but the first line could use a play maker instead of keeping Saad, Toews and Hossa together. It would be interesting to see what TT could do up on line one.

Teravainen Toews Hossa
Versteeg Richards Kane
Saad Shaw Sharp
Bickell Kruger Smith

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I'm not saying do this permanently, but the first line could use a play maker instead of keeping Saad, Toews and Hossa together. It would be interesting to see what TT could do up on line one.

Teravainen Toews Hossa
Versteeg Richards Kane
Saad Shaw Sharp
Bickell Kruger Smith

I don't know, I'd almost prefer Sharp up there, just cause that way you're guaranteed at least SOMEBODY will shoot the damn puck every once in a while. :laugh:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I posted in a previous thread my desire for these lines because it rivals 2010 depth wise. If Hawks lock up home ice, this forward group has so many line combos that will create serious matchup problems for opposing teams. TT is too talented to leave off just because Bickell goes to the 4th line. 2010 we had C's/A's in the bottom 6 and Bickell over Carcillo/Nordstrom is a huge upgrade.

And Bickell on the 4th line will not entirely diminish his trade value. Brouwer was dealt for a 1st and he was a healthy scratch in 2010 at times and completely ineffective during that run. Not saying Bickell lands that return, but it's all about the incremental value TT adds to the lineup that results from Carcillo and Nordstrom never seeing the ice during the playoffs barring some injury.

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Versteeg-Richards-Kane
Sharp-TT-Shaw
Bickell-Kruger-Smith

Last edited:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 35m 35 minutes ago
Shaw on Teravainen's setup: "That was unbelievable. He told me go to the net and he’d get it to me. He’s a smart player." #Blackhawks

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Congrats to the kid on his first multi-point NHL game. For some reason, I don't think it will be his last.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Count me in as the third voting for

Saad Toews Hossa
Versteeg Richards Kane
Sharp Teravainen Shaw
Bickell Kruger Smith

Send Nordstrom down and use Carcillo as a 13th forward who would only ever get drawn in when an injury arises.

Bolland did well enough when he moved to the 4th line during the 2013 cup run. If there is one player like Bolland currently in the lineup, it's Bickell. Both play a physical game and both score clutch goals in the playoffs. Bickell could do well on our 4th line.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Count me in as the third voting for

Saad Toews Hossa
Versteeg Richards Kane
Sharp Teravainen Shaw
Bickell Kruger Smith

Send Nordstrom down and use Carcillo as a 13th forward who would only ever get drawn in when an injury arises.

Bolland did well enough when he moved to the 4th line during the 2013 cup run. If there is one player like Bolland currently in the lineup, it's Bickell. Both play a physical game and both score clutch goals in the playoffs. Bickell could do well on our 4th line.

It's not like you can't give him ozone starts with Toews and Kane or mix and match Bickell with skill players at certain points in a game/series. It's the playoffs, ice the best roster you can.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I doubt Bickell gets knocked down to the 4th line when he has better possession stats, AND better production stats (better points-per-60 and better goals-per-60) than Shaw so far this season.

Unless his play takes a dive.

Then again, Shaw has such irrational favored nation status with Q, I guess it's a possibility.

I'd say let Shaw and Carcillo duke it out for the roll of 'guy who takes dumbass penalties' on the 4th line, and let Bickell take the LW on one of the top 3 lines.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Wow!

Pick up your own rebound with a soft set of hands and bury it.

He might be weak, but he went to the net and the corners tonight. I like it. Hope they can bulk him up.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
They want Carcillo in the lineup for "reasons". That makes it hard. Unless Shaw gets bumped there just isn't a spot for TT.

I know what *I* would do, but the team won't do it.

Best case realistic scenario would be Bickell or Shaw getting traded.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I doubt Bickell gets knocked down to the 4th line when he has better possession stats, AND better production stats (better points-per-60 and better goals-per-60) than Shaw so far this season.

Unless his play takes a dive.

Then again, Shaw has such irrational favored nation status with Q, I guess it's a possibility.

I'd say let Shaw and Carcillo duke it out for the roll of 'guy who takes dumbass penalties' on the 4th line, and let Bickell take the LW on one of the top 3 lines.

I'd rather have Bickell on the 4th line than Shaw for the simple fact that Sharp can play his natural position (assuming we go with Saad-toews-hossa, versteeg-richards-kane as our top 2 lines).

Either way, this team is bursting with forward depth. :handclap:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They want Carcillo in the lineup for "reasons". That makes it hard. Unless Shaw gets bumped there just isn't a spot for TT.

I don't see it being an option to send TT down if he continues this kind of play. It's just not going to happen. Carcillo will be the 13th forward. They kind of built this kid's profile up with the marketing, now he's in the show producing. A potential key component of a cup run, just no chance they send him down because of Carcillo and open up that can of worms.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I don't see it being an option to send TT down if he continues this kind of play. It's just not going to happen. Carcillo will be the 13th forward. They kind of built this kid's profile up with the marketing, now he's in the show producing. A potential key component of a cup run, just no chance they send him down because of Carcillo and open up that can of worms.

Yeah, I think Captain Nordstrom gets sent back down to Rockford till playoff time and Carcillo stays on as the 13th forward.

Who he battles for minutes on that 4th line spot is anybody's guess. I'd prefer it be Shaw.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Huh? That's way more unrealistic of a scenario than Carcillo getting scratched because is not that good at hockey and Bickell is an upgrade on the 4th line. I'd say there is exactly a 0% chance Bickell/Shaw or any other significant roster player is dealt so Carcillo of all players can stay to make room for TT.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago

I'd start Versteeg on the 3rd line and see what he does.

I think trading someone is crazy talk. Carcillo is a suspension waiting to happen everytime he steps on the ice. TT is 160 lbs and could break in half any moment.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

Teravainen Toews Hossa
Versteeg Richards Kane
Saad Shaw Sharp
Bickell Kruger Smith

Put Kruger at 3C (despite Shaw's flash in the pan game) and I think this is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad