TBN: Terry Pegula has more cash on hand after $1.75 billion sale of oil acreage

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
He's already said that it will have no effect on him bidding for the Bills.

1. Kelly has never been the one who would be bidding on the Bills. He was always working on setting up a group and working with people to make sure SOMEONE did, and that someone kept the team here.
2. Fighting cancer and just finishing up chemo/radiation treatments absolutely has an effect. Of course he's going to say it won't.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
He's already said that it will have no effect on him bidding for the Bills.

Then he's kidding himself.

It's great and important to have a positive outlook, but cancer that comes back is bad bad news. Personally, while I always hope for the best, I am expecting the worst.

WRT the Bills, the good thing is that Kelly never had the wherewithal to be the money man for any bid anyway, so whatever group he has allegedly been putting together could easily place a bid without him.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Kelly is just a front man for whichever group he decides to back. Kelly is not going to be an owner (or at the very most, a percentage point or two), and isn't putting in a bid.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Then he could get rid of that ridiculous "10 articles left!" nonsense they have on that site. All they're doing is hammering nails in their own coffin. Not to mention you can bypass that with a single keystroke.

I read the BN for over 20 years....Not anymore.

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
1. Kelly has never been the one who would be bidding on the Bills. He was always working on setting up a group and working with people to make sure SOMEONE did, and that someone kept the team here.

That's why I said I would love if he hooked up with Pegula in a purchasing group. And I don't get the impression that he wants to be part of the ownership group of the Bills solely to keep the team in Buffalo. I think he really wants to be part of it.

2. Fighting cancer and just finishing up chemo/radiation treatments absolutely has an effect. Of course he's going to say it won't.

Well of course it has an effect. I'm just saying he isn't letting his cancer/treatment remove him the bidding process. HE wants to continue forward.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
About Kelly, his role would basically be to give his public blessing to a group. I don't think his medical issues will prevent much. He's there for PR and to help with networking.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
After the LaFontaine drama Pegula my be a bit gun shy about working with former big name players.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I was going to say the same thing. But, I don't think Jim has Patty type baggage.

Nor do I. However the issue is not if Jim has Patty baggage but rather if Terry has Patty baggage. Once burned twice shy.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
I want Pegula to buy the Bills so that both of our major sports franchises will refuse to talk to Jerry and Bucky.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Pegula is a business man. Owners don't lose money in the NFL. Terry will end up with the Bills.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
If he does buy the Bills i have no doubts that he'll want that new stadium right by the waterfront near his other properties. pretty much create a sports entertainment district down by the Harbor.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Bucky is already crapping on Pegula possibly bidding. Right on schedule.

Now I want him to.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Bucky is already crapping on Pegula possibly bidding. Right on schedule.

Now I want him to.

I just read the article. Basically claiming Pegula 'run the sabres' into the ground and 'could' do the same with the Bills.

Problem is, Ralph Wilson had run the bills into the ground well before it went for sale. No playoffs since 1999, several botched GM/head coaching changes, the Toronto series?

Overwhelmingly, I think most Sabre fans believe Terry has been good for the Sabres, despite any mistakes that were made in his first few years. Will Pegula make some mistakes for the bills? Yup. Will he do a worse job running the team than Ralph Wilson did over the past 15 years? That is nearly impossible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad