Terminator: Resistance (PC, PS4, XB1)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This came out of nowhere. This is the first that I've heard of this game and it was released yesterday.

It's a first-person shooter set in the Terminator franchise in post-apocalyptic Los Angeles. It doesn't have any relation to Terminator: Dark Fate, but, like the latest movie, it disregards all of the sequels after T2. I'm a little intrigued because there were a couple of really good Terminator first-person shooters in the 90s (Terminator: Future Shock and SkyNet) that I liked. I'm hopeful that this is sort of like a spiritual sequel to those.

The reviews are actually pretty good. It currently has an 84% on Steam. They say that the gameplay is good and that it feels like it was made by developers who really have a passion for the first two films of the franchise. A few reviews mention that it has an RPG-lite feel with quests, NPCs and a bit of crafting, perhaps sort of like The Outer Worlds. The common issues with it seem to be that the graphics are slightly dated, NPCs don't have idle animations, there's no 21:9 monitor support and it feels like the developers' first attempt at this kind of game, but a lot of reviews seem to think that those are forgivable because the gameplay is fun and it's nostalgic for the days before T3.

Has anyone played it yet?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lmao i watched a couple minutes in the middle of that and the voice acting is absolutely brutal.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Lmao i watched a couple minutes in the middle of that and the voice acting is absolutely brutal.

Oh, yeah, that's another criticism that several of the reviews made and that I forgot to mention. It's certainly not a AAA title. It seems like it's a mid-quality game, more like The Outer Worlds, but even a little rougher. It may not be worth $40, but may be when the price comes down a bit.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Teyon made that terrible Rambo game, so I have low expectations. I'll be curious what the Angry Joe review is like since he's a huge Terminator fanboy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad