Tennyson improving with each passing game?

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Thoughts on his play so far? Will he have a future here or used as a tradeable asset?I thought he played well with Dillon last night and he seems to be progressing in the right direction. Could Tenny and Mueller handle the 3rd pairing? Now is the time IMO to be trying these sorts of tandems in the 3rd unit. Give the 2 youngsters a chance.. It could be worse. Oh that's right ,it is.:shakehead insert your own Hannan/Irwin GIF here

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I know it's not popular around here, but honestly I wouldn't mess with the defense this season at this point. Next season we should have:

Vlasic - Burns
Dillon - Braun
Mueller - Tennysson

And I'm pretty comfortable with that for a 'rebuilding' team. Tennysson has played very well. He reminds me a lot of Demers but with a little better skating. We don't have enough offense from the D still, but that can be fixed next season (or if someone surprises in camp). We have a solid group and any major aquisitions at this point are not going to win us a cup and are just going to keep the youngsters from getting ice time even more. Hannan and Irwin won't be here next season, so that's not an argument either.

So to answer your question, yes, I think Tennysson deserves to stick around.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I know it's not popular around here, but honestly I wouldn't mess with the defense this season at this point. Next season we should have:

Vlasic - Burns
Dillon - Braun
Mueller - Tennysson

And I'm pretty comfortable with that for a 'rebuilding' team. Tennysson has played very well. He reminds me a lot of Demers but with a little better skating. We don't have enough offense from the D still, but that can be fixed next season (or if someone surprises in camp). We have a solid group and any major aquisitions at this point are not going to win us a cup and are just going to keep the youngsters from getting ice time even more. Hannan and Irwin won't be here next season, so that's not an argument either.

So to answer your question, yes, I think Tennysson deserves to stick around.

This is a fine post and I have to agree. I would only add a defenseman at this point if it was bringing in a top pair potential d prospect like Seth jones. (Someone who can bring more offense and maybe replace burns down the road). Beyond that, they should be sitting pat with the hand above (benching hannan and Irwin when all eight are healthy). Our kids need the playing time to develop so we can know what we really have, before the offseason.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
I think he is doing very well and looks headed to an NHL career. It appears to be further evidence that the woo lacks talent and were simply asking Tennyson to do too much and alas Tennyson could not carry them.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I wouldn't say he's better every game, as he's had some rough ones this season

However, I do think he's trending in the right direction, and he's been noticeably better recently

I'd rather ice him than Irwin or Hannan, that's for sure

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I've always thought he was a servicable 3rd pairing defenseman and like his game. I'd also rather see him played than Irwin and possibly Hannan. Hopefully Tennyson sticks.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Did anyone else think he had his best game last night? I mean it's only 1 game that we won easily, so I guess I can't put to much stock into it.

But... Maybe putting him with a real partner allows him to do a lot more.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm happy with him. He hasn't looked out of place and he's made some nice offensive plays and used his skating. I'm perfectly satisfied with him on the bottom pairing, as long as his partner isn't Hannan or Irwin.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He's a top 4 AHL dman/bottom pairing NHL dman. He's had up and downs but I like him more than Iceberg Irwin and Slow Scotty.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm happy with him. He hasn't looked out of place and he's made some nice offensive plays and used his skating. I'm perfectly satisfied with him on the bottom pairing, as long as his partner isn't Hannan or Irwin.

There are few things funnier to me when looking at raw numbers for this team than Tennyson's numbers with and without Hannan.

I like Tennyson but like many d-men he needs a good partner to bring out the best in him. Hopefully the Dillon-Tennyson pairing continues to play well and when Braun comes back they can pair him with Mueller.

One thing is certain, Hannan can't really do anything even at replacement level in the NHL anymore aside from occasional penalty killing so if this team is going to have a shot at making the playoffs it is long past time for him to be an every day scratch.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
One thing is certain, Hannan can't really do anything even at replacement level in the NHL anymore aside from occasional penalty killing so if this team is going to have a shot at making the playoffs it is long past time for him to be an every day scratch.

It's pretty hilarious that there's one every year on this team that's just like Hannan. Murray, Huskins, Colin White, Stuart, now Hannan. They play too many games and are promptly left unsigned art the end... Well most of the time anyways

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
It's pretty hilarious that there's one every year on this team that's just like Hannan. Murray, Huskins, Colin White, Stuart, now Hannan. They play too many games and are promptly left unsigned art the end... Well most of the time anyways

I know people really didn't like either Huskins or White but neither were close to being as bad as Hannan is this season. It's pretty sad to watch actually.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'd say:

Hannan(2015)>Irwin>C. White>Stuart(2014)

But yes, we have at least one major anchor every year

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
I've liked Tennys play so far, i'm a bit surprised that he'd been as good as he has been. Sure he's made a few mistakes, what NHL rookie would not... I agree that who he's paired with makes a difference and i'm also thinking that Hannan and or Irwin will lose their roles with the team soon,
next year for sure.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
He's one of those players you don't notice, for the right reasons.

I've hardly noticed anything glaring from him, whether it be good or bad. I think he is a solid 3rd pairing option and with Braun injured, could improve getting better ice time in the top-4.

Anyone but Irwin-Hannan.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He's one of those players you don't notice, for the right reasons.

I've hardly noticed anything glaring from him, whether it be good or bad. I think he is a solid 3rd pairing option and with Braun injured, could improve getting better ice time in the top-4.

Anyone but Irwin-Hannan.

It may not have been noticed but I'm sure he got a good talking-to today about that little fly-by he did on that Toews breakaway getting back.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Wow, I'm surprised at reading your opinions, as I don't think Tennyson is an NHL-quality defenseman yet, and given the fact he is 24 I don't count on him ever being one. Of course he is better than Hannan, but who isn't? But better than Irwin, really? Irwin doesn't handle the puck like a grenade. I died a little bit inside last night when I Saw Hannan and Tennyson playing, and Mueller benched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad