Music: Temple of the Dog's first tour ever!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like the members of the group that released one album 25 years ago in memory of Mother Love Bone singer Andrew Wood who was also Chris Cornell's roommate at the time.

11/4 Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theatre
11/7 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
11/11 San Fransisco, CA - Bill Braham Civic Center
11/14 Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
11/20 Seattle, WA - Paramount Theater

Wonder if any new material might come out of this!

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I was at the 1st night of the Pearl Jam 20 years show in Milwaukee and Cornell came out and played with them. It was awesome.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I only caught a couple songs from that album way back when, but Vedder was clearly one of the singers on Hunger Strike and was in the video - why's he not on the tour?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I only caught a couple songs from that album way back when, but Vedder was clearly one of the singers on Hunger Strike and was in the video - why's he not on the tour?

didin't even notice that as I just assumed he would be there. Wouldn't go if he's not there.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I'm pretty sure a couple of songs is all he appeared on, singing backup mostly. I don't think he was actually a full blown 'member'.

He'll probably show up at the Seattle show to sing Hunger Strike or something.

In any case, whatever, I've never really liked Eddie Vedder or Pearl Jam. I have the Temple of the Dog album somwhere, been years since I listened to it, but I actually thought it wasn't that good.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What's funny is that the album is pretty good even beyond Hunger Strike.

I was always partial to Wooden Jesus and All Night Thing.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Holy **** this is ***ing epic.

With all the respect to Vedder, Cornell is an otherworldly vocal talent and there's a reason why Neil Young (amongst others) have used the PJ band for recordings and tours.

I will at least catch them in SF or Seattle.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
One of my favourite albums of all time, and still heavy in my rotation.

Jesus, would kill to see this show.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Holy **** this is ***ing epic.
With all the respect to Vedder, Cornell is an otherworldly vocal talent and there's a reason why Neil Young (amongst others) have used the PJ band for recordings and tours.
Haven't really cared for Cornell since he left Soundgarden at the end of the 90s...somehow he just hasn't seemed to have the same talent since, even rejoining them.

Vedder's strength is his way of interpreting songs, and in that he's pretty much unparalleled by anyone today. Makes him the one who's more enjoyable to listen to, I find.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
didin't even notice that as I just assumed he would be there. Wouldn't go if he's not there.

I am pretty sure he will be there, I don't see why he would not as like you said Hunger Strike is more of a duet of sorts and he sings backup on a number of other songs.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Haven't really cared for Cornell since he left Soundgarden at the end of the 90s...somehow he just hasn't seemed to have the same talent since, even rejoining them.

Vedder's strength is his way of interpreting songs, and in that he's pretty much unparalleled by anyone today. Makes him the one who's more enjoyable to listen to, I find.

I've always loved Vedder's work. As for Cornell is has depended but I find his latest album pretty darn good.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I like the album but don't really care about the novelty of this "tour." It's just Pearl Jam carrying on their tour with Cornell instead of Vedder. You'll hear the album live so that might be neat to some.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009

I have to disagree. Vedder can get obnoxious....especially live, just too much of his self righteous mumbling drawl.
I've seen both and Soundgarden was the best overall show I've been to, just like as far as the objective sound of the band/tightness & vocals.

Vedder is often imitated, no one can imitate Cornell because he's simply one of the technically best ever.

It's really cool how these 2 bands have stayed friends though the years without the typical rivalry bands from the same scenes can often have.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011

I found Cornell to be very good with Audioslave, after Soundgarden. Hits like 'Like A Stone' and 'I am the Highway' are amazing.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
found Cornell to be very good with Audioslave, after Soundgarden..

I also liked the solo albums Cornell released (Euphoria Morning, etc).. More mellow than late 8os-early 9os Soundgarden, but thought the solo stuff expanded on Cornell's versatility..
And I thought the Temple of the Dog album was good from start to finish..
These guys did a killer cover of Hunger Strike, still holding it down for grunge, halfway around the world:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad