OT: Telus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Hey guys. Really need your help, and I wanted to post this before we get engulfed in hockey news again.

My company got a good offer to switch the cellular service to Telus.

Wanted to see if people are happy with their service and the most important feature that we enjoy with Rogers is the "enhanced called ID" where you will see a name displayed from a number you don't know. The Telus rep said they now have that feature now too, does it work for you guys?

Thanks a bunch.

GLG

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Hey guys. Really need your help, and I wanted to post this before we get engulfed in hockey news again.

Wanted to see if people are happy with their service and the most important feature that we enjoy with Rogers is the "enhanced called ID" where you will see a name displayed from a number you don't know. The Telus rep said they now have that feature now too, does it work for you guys?

Thanks a bunch.

GLG
Me personally I was with Telus for 13 years and it was great service. I only switched to Bell cause of employee discount and it sucks!

Sorry but I can't honestly remember what that looks like :(

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto

Thanks a bunch.

GLG

From what I hear Telus is the best of the bunch as far as service. Strongest signals north of Toronto so cell signal wouldn't be an issue at all.

I can't comment on enhanced caller ID though.

Edit: if you have a chance to move to another big provider for a better deal, you do it. You'll even get a call from the Rogers win back people offering you great deals to come back to them!

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I’ve been with Rogers, Bell, and Telus. Currently with Telus and it’s the best of the big 3 imo. Rogers was the worst for reception. Bell was pretty good too but I’ve had the best reception with Telus.

OpenNetSniper

Mar 27, 2013
Been with Telus for 8 years...originally signed up with corporate deal.

No issues, and customer service is quite good. (like many companies, they outsource their CSR's in the Philippines, and they're courteous and respectful)

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
FYI...
When you have been with Telus Home for a few years, you can call every six months or so, and ask for a “loyalty discount”. I said I wanted to pay $60 (instead of $104) for internet and she said... “okay. I can do that”. I nearly dropped my phone!
Discounts are less common with Telus Mobility, but Telus definitely has A+ customer service.

deltamachine

Mar 30, 2013
Was with Roger's for 20 years. I seemed to enjoy the abuse, as i was really fed up with the messed up billing (bundle). They screwed me over a sweet grandfathered deal by giving me 6GB free for a limited time...without mentioning that it would mean the cancellation of old contract. I also had bills that would fluctuate between 50%-300% of what my normal bill would be for 6 months. Had to send a personal email to the CEO, before it got intercepted by his office and fixed.
Finally like a battered wife who finally had enough, i cut cable, and took my cell business to Telus...couldn't be happier!

Reactions: Anthrax442

deltamachine

Mar 30, 2013
Bell wasn't bad, but I also had some issues with them. Biggest complaint about Bell is that their channel lineup made no sense. Not that i watch much cable TV, but jumping all over the map with 4-digit channels was a pain. Can't be a ninja channel surfer like that.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I've been with koodo, which is Telus owned, for about 15 years now. Zero complaints. Never lose my signal, good customer service and I've been locked into the same really good plan for about 8 years. I've never heard positive things from people with Rogers or Bell.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Sorry, this is not a topic for a Leafs board.

Any responses can be taken to PM to the OP if they like to have a private conversation on this topic.

/Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad