OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Let’s Still Do This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
No. Doris. Slander. Will. Be. Tolerated.
giphy.gif
She's a f***ing disgrace.

Reactions: Carter Hart

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Not really that bad, all things considered. Next game, clean up the turnovers and start Matisse and have him glued to Tatum. Also start Burks at PG.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I knew Brett wouldn’t trust Furkan in the playoffs.

I’m not quite sure I envisioned the Process yielding Alec Burks as the go to ball handler and scorer in a playoff series but here we are...

Reactions: Jack Straw

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The good part of them getting swept by the Celtics is that none of the yahoos can blame Ben for coming up small and there and other huge issues with this team.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
giphy.gif

Lets put an end to some of these misconceptions:
'Jo has more spacing without Simmons'- a fallacy
The doubles still come and the turnovers still come.

'Jo has to settle for J's to space for Simmons'- a fallacy
Jo gets more postups than anyone in the league and settles for jumpshots because he lacks stamina esp late in games (like tonight).

'Jo plays better w/o Simmons'- the biggest fallacy
Jo needs Simmons. Simmons plays the hardest mins in the league on both ends for the better part of 3 yrs which fills in the gaps Jo leaves with his lack of conditioning.

Anyway, they played better than expected. The overall talent difference between teams is negligible.
But just like Raps series last year though their coach can play his star 40 mins and expect playoff intensity on both ends for the duration.
Brett's a bad coach but he's only gonna get 25 mins max out of Jo at full tilt. And that's why they'll be going home.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
and just think he's still got 3 more years 27.5m/27.0m/26.5m

Brand just crapped the bed last year. Last chance to have major cap flexibility and moves and look at this team now. It's even more dysfunctional than the team he inherited.
Colangelo and Brand done f***ed the whole process up! This team as it is presently assembled and with Brown as the coach is nothing more than what we didn't want to see anymore.....a team good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to contend for a championship. We are not necessarily mediocre but might as well be. Both Embiid and Simmons not sure can coexist and Brown should not return if he is outcouched again by the Celtics coach.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I really can't put my finger on this team. What is their identity?

That's the problem. They're a poorly constructed team with a coach who is in over his head. They have no identity.

They need to clear house this offseason. I don't know if they'll fire Brand but they need to get rid of Brown and completely re-tool this team's makeup. The only way that Jo and Ben can work together (which I do believe they can) is by surrounding them with guys who can play on the perimeter and some guys who can create offense in the half court. While he's definitely a flawed version of it, having a guy like Burks just illustrates what this team needs. Richardson is not that. Horford can't co-exist playing starting minutes with two guys who need to play in the front court. We're stuck with Harris, who I do think is a good player and can fit on this team, but is obscenely overpaid due to poor asset management.

My priority from a player management perspective would be to get rid of Horford and Richardson. Ideally, both could be dealt separately, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. In a perfect world, my goal would be moving Horford to New Orleans, where he's be a great fit at the 5 with Favors being a free agent, and trying to get Holiday in return. We'd have to add something but hopefully somebody like Shake and a pick or two would be enough to swing in the pendulum there.

Richardson could be dealt for just about whatever we wanted because of his cap number. Depending upon the price tag of who is returning (if it's player-driven and not pick-driven), we'd need to include some extra money from a guy like Mike Scott who can add about 5 mil to our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad