OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Let’s Keep Doing This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy -Draft Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I love Embiid ...used to be my handle until he sucked with his conditioning. He said it was a result of injuries...not sure if this offseason he has been more healthy and thus committed himself to conditioning. I mean I recall all the people being annoyed when Richard's offseason lack of commitment to conditioning was mocked. Meanwhile it was a legit criticism.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I wouldn't suggest another league to follow the NHL's financial setup considering their constant labor disputes, but as a fan I appreciate the relatively simple, easy to understand salary cap structure. But I guess that's also why the NHL lags far behind other sports when it comes to the management side of things.

When it comes to the NBA, why is it so hard to know exactly who your team drafted on draft night? :laugh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Morey fortunately has shown no interest in Harden.
Great offensive player who thinks defense is an afterthought, and who sucks all the air out of an offense.
Think he'd be a disaster with Embiid and Ben. What they need are complementary players, not another star.

While there are tweaks needed to this roster, Curry at 30 only older player with a multi-year deal, and Green (33), Scott (32) and Howard (35) all on essentially one year deals so if they slip . . .

Simmons (24), Embiid (26), Harris (28), Milton (24), Thybelle (23), Maxey (20)
Korkmaz (23), Anderson (27), Bradley (22), Joe (21), Reed (21).

Only move I'd make is adding a true backup PG.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Morey fortunately has shown no interest in Harden.
Great offensive player who thinks defense is an afterthought, and who sucks all the air out of an offense.
Think he'd be a disaster with Embiid and Ben. What they need are complementary players, not another star.

While there are tweaks needed to this roster, Curry at 30 only older player with a multi-year deal, and Green (33), Scott (32) and Howard (35) all on essentially one year deals so if they slip . . .

Simmons (24), Embiid (26), Harris (28), Milton (24), Thybelle (23), Maxey (20)
Korkmaz (23), Anderson (27), Bradley (22), Joe (21), Reed (21).

Only move I'd make is adding a true backup PG.
If Morey could acquire Harden with 2 years left on his deal without including Jo/Simmons it would be one of the biggest fleeces of all time.
Its not going down w/o one of them and Hou still has leverage.
They'll try to convince Harden to stay like Minny tried to do with Jimmy.
If Christian Wood emerges as a star maybe, or Wall comes back better after injury it might work but highly unlikely.

Morey's playing this well. He knows he has timme
Why jump to deal younger stars who have both expressed wanting to stay longterm for an older one that doesnt make you the clear favorite and pines for your division rival?

Ingram/Kira Lewis, Jaylen Brown, John Collins. One of Embiid/Simmons beats all those offers.
Morey knows this. Hou knows this. If youre Morey you evaluate what you have.
If Simmons still wont play on offense you deal him if Jo still cant play a full game its him.
Ideally Simmons/Jo/Doc make the proper adjustments, we run roughshod over the league and this is a moot point.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
If Morey could acquire Harden with 2 years left on his deal without including Jo/Simmons it would be one of the biggest fleeces of all time.
Its not going down w/o one of them and Hou still has leverage.
They'll try to convince Harden to stay like Minny tried to do with Jimmy.
If Christian Wood emerges as a star maybe, or Wall comes back better after injury it might work but highly unlikely.

Morey's playing this well. He knows he has timme
Why jump to deal younger stars who have both expressed wanting to stay longterm for an older one that doesnt make you the clear favorite and pines for your division rival?

Ingram/Kira Lewis, Jaylen Brown, John Collins. One of Embiid/Simmons beats all those offers.
Morey knows this. Hou knows this. If youre Morey you evaluate what you have.
If Simmons still wont play on offense you deal him if Jo still cant play a full game its him.
Ideally Simmons/Jo/Doc make the proper adjustments, we run roughshod over the league and this is a moot point.

Surely not a bigger fleece than a 28 year old Charles Barkley for Jeff Hornacek, Andrew Lang, and Tim Perry?

Reactions: Carter Hart

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No way, even without shooting, I trade Simmons for Harden.

Reason is a guy like Simmons makes it so much easier to build a roster, he can defend all five positions, he can play PG and control the offense, and even if he can't shoot, if you surround him with shooters (easier to find than a player like Simmons), he's unstoppable one on one in the paint - double and he'll hit the open man. At at 24, he's just filling out to the point where he's a credible starting center (6'10 240 or so). So this allows you flexibility in building the roster, not just the starters, but he can play with any group off the bench.

Simmons doesn't need to shoot the 3, that's a bonus if it ever comes, just become efficient within 10-15' of the basket, because if his man has to guard him tight, game over. Shoot over the guards, outquick the big men.

Last edited:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah...I am not willing to essentially give up on Simmons although that wouldn't necessarily characterize the trade. Obviously it would be value for value...the ROI would be dicey though.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I just don't see Harden as a great player, a great talent, but does he make his teammates better?

The King may grate on some people, but James makes every team he's on better because he's such a good passer, he's added the 3 point shot to his rebounding and paint scoring, but doesn't have to score to make an impact. You can see him often giving up scoring opportunities early in games to get his teammates involved, then taking over in crunch time.

One reason I think Embiid has a lot of untapped potential is he's trying to improve as a passer, it's easy to forget how inexperienced he still is, but it takes time to be able to quickly recognize the open man when the double team comes - but he is willing to try to hit that guy when he identifies him. Hopefully, Rivers will help in developing that skill.

To me, the best teams play smothering, intense defense and motion offense where they keep the ball moving until a more efficient shot presents itself - and wear out defenses by making them work on every possession. The 3 point shot is just one element of that sort of offensive scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad