Teemu Selanne just turned 50: Here's 50 interesting facts about Selanne's career!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I love Selänne as a hockey player and as a personality but he definitely is a dumb guy. His (finnish) spelling is at the level of an 8 year old.
I haven't had a finnish class since fifth grade and I am pretty sure my written finnish is better than his.

I doubt Teemu's understanding of politics is nuanced enough to classify him as a far-right guy. He looks at what he sees and doesn't understand or look into the things he doesn't see and speaks from that.

In sweden the same can be said by footballer Glenn Hysén who thinks the racists are nice chaps (Gôa gôbbar). Not because he is racist himself, but because he is easily swayed by opinions of others who can motivate them in a way that suits his view of the world.

Last edited:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
@Mulletman
#18: A little known fact is that Selanne played the original Winnipeg Jets in their last game before being shipped off to Arizona and becomming the Coyotes...

Regular season*

The last game the Jets played was against the Detroit Red Wings in the 1995-96 playoffs.

Somewhat misleading.

Arselona

Nov 9, 2007
Teemu once stated he had read just one book during his life. This was decades ago though, it is possible he has read several more since then.

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Teemu once stated he had read just one book during his life. This was decades ago though, it is possible he has read several more since then.
xonyNQ7GNFB7so246

Yep. A new one almost every year

Google Image Result for https://s1.adlibris.com/images/55346966/sudenpentujen-kasikirja.jpg

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
And when do you think a successful pro athlete like Selanne would find the time to read books?! Do you think any other successful pro athletes read books? Hell no! :laugh:

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I haven't had a finnish class since fifth grade and I am pretty sure my written finnish is better than his.

I doubt Teemu's understanding of politics is nuanced enough to classify him as a far-right guy. He looks at what he sees and doesn't understand or look into the things he doesn't see and speaks from that.

In sweden the same can be said by footballer Glenn Hysén who thinks the racists are nice chaps (Gôa gôbbar). Not because he is racist himself, but because he is easily swayed by opinions of others who can motivate them in a way that suits his view of the world.
Räikkönen and Selänne are heroes for not kneeling.

Arselona

Nov 9, 2007
And when do you think a successful pro athlete like Selanne would find the time to read books?! Do you think any other successful pro athletes read books? Hell no! :laugh:

There's about 900 succesful pro athletes in NHL alone, and I'm certain at least 1 of them reads books, though the majority won't. Scott Niedermayer by the way is said to have spent time reading books when traveling during junior career.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My favorite player of all time. By a wide margin. Hockey lost a lot in my personal consumption of the sport when he retired.

For once a Mulletman thread I can get behind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad