Recalled/Assigned: Teemu Pulkkinen

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Really hope he doesn't get stuck on the miller-glendy line like all his games last year. Hope he goes somewhere in the top 9 so we can see what he can do with people who can pass and shoot.

I doubt it, the 4th line is really used as a checking line by Babs, no way does he put an undersized rookie with 3 NHL games on there - at least, not till he thinks he can trust him defensively. As others have said, he'll be on the 3rd line and PP2. If Jurco is out, I imagine Weiss will drop to the 4th line again.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
He is almost guaranteed to be 3rd line RW with PP2 duties. Jurco if he is back will be on the 4th line with Glenny and Miller.

looking at the roster like that, assuming he plays at about .44% as productive in the NHL as he is in the AHL the rest of the NHL should be pouting. because that would make us a really young team and by that I mean like really young. 4 offensive wingers all 25 and under toss in Sheahan who I think will be a legit #2 center and currently is a passable #2 and Glendening who could end up being one of the best shut down #4's in the league. Ouellet looks like he has #2 upside but will realistically be a #3, and he's only 21. I could also go into the kids in Grand Rapids who could be here soon (Mantha, Sproul, Jensen) but I wont even add them in until its for sure they will be on the team right now excluding Cleary, Andersson, and replacing Franzen with Pulks the average age of our team is 24.6

Ericsson is looking like he could be easily upgraded soon, Kindl is all but gone and Lashoff is a #7. Sproul is looking a lot better in GR (much better offensively also improving a little on D) so in my mind its not that Ouellet is taking Kindls job but maybe making Ericsson expendable, and when either Jensen or Sproul are ready they are taking Kindls #6 spot.

55-2
65-27
61-?

Pulks and the right handed D both on the PP over DK, and whoever else.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Nice, I've hoped on the hype-train lately and wanted him on the DRW! Hope he doesnt get nervous, and go out there and show us what he got.

Franzen can take his time and heal properly I think...

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Pulks better be realgud, or he's gonna be realgone.

He'll get a longer look than a couple of games. Even the infamous Jan Mursak played 46 games before being waived on February 2013 and he had a 1/4 of the promise/potential of Pulkkinen.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
(...)
And I have yet another player who I have to keep googling to remember how to spell his damn name.
There seems to be one rule of thumb with Finnish names: These are usually spelled how one would not expect it. Those tricky Northeners have their very own language, but usually speak English and German extremely well - it's just not fair!

Gruß,
BSHH

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am very much a skeptic, but am really excited to watch him play at the NHL level. My hope is that Kenny finds a way to keep him around for a good stretch of games so that he has an honest opportunity to adjust to the NHL game and figure things out.

sakei

Anti-Kindl-Brigade
May 19, 2014
Zurich
Wait, people still believe small players are not effective in todays NHL? Tyler Johnson or Joe Pavelski must be ****ing **** then, they're too small for this league! Oh, I forgot they're not Europeans, so that doesnt count.

sakei

Anti-Kindl-Brigade
May 19, 2014
Zurich
This. Can't see Pulks or Weiss on the 4th line if Mule and Jurco are out.

Bottom 6 is Miller-Sheahan-Pulkkinen and Weiss-Glendening-Andersson, Cleary is the extra skater. Why does he bury Weiss on the fourth line? I thought he was pretty good so far and dont get why Miller moves up to the 3rd line. Would prefer 90-15-56 and 20-41-18..

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Makes zero ****ing sense to use Miller on a scoring line and Weiss on the grinding defensive line. Does Babcock not realize how much better we've been with Weiss in the line-up?

sakei

Anti-Kindl-Brigade
May 19, 2014
Zurich
Makes zero ****ing sense to use Miller on a scoring line and Weiss on the grinding defensive line. Does Babcock not realize how much better we've been with Weiss in the line-up?

I thought I saw a quote of Babcock saying Weiss had to earn his playing time and steal someones job to move up in the lineup.. I mean you can blame him for Backlund's SHG, but other than that I thought he was good vs CGY

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Wait, people still believe small players are not effective in todays NHL? Tyler Johnson or Joe Pavelski must be ****ing **** then, they're too small for this league! Oh, I forgot they're not Europeans, so that doesnt count.

Pavelski is 5'11". And Tyler Johnson got tons of **** for his height. He went undrafted and was cut from an NHL camp (can't remember which). Same with St. Louis and Gaudreau had a ton of detractors. This is not a European/North American thing. It's a style thing.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Plus how can anyone deny that size is an advantage. Of course smaller guys take crap for it. They're lighter and easier to push around as a general rule. Obvious exceptions but exceptions that show how important size usually is.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Bottom 6 is Miller-Sheahan-Pulkkinen and Weiss-Glendening-Andersson, Cleary is the extra skater. Why does he bury Weiss on the fourth line? I thought he was pretty good so far and dont get why Miller moves up to the 3rd line. Would prefer 90-15-56 and 20-41-18..

I'm just at a loss for words. Hopefully those lines don't last very long.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Plus how can anyone deny that size is an advantage. Of course smaller guys take crap for it. They're lighter and easier to push around as a general rule. Obvious exceptions but exceptions that show how important size usually is.

Size isn't always an advantage. Smaller guys are usually quicker and shiftier. They get to full speed in fewer strides. Remember Nyquist blowing bye Chara last year? Pulkinen is 5'10" one inch shorter than Yzerman. Do you really think that 1" is that big of a deal? They can get pushed around occasionally, but can create space with quicker strides.
Plenty of players smaller than Pulkinen have had great careers. Speed is just as important as size, maybe more. Look at guys like Tatar and Nyquist. Both doing well,both create space with there speed.

Jusek

Dec 2, 2009
Big words from the captain:

“Obviously he has a real good shot,†Henrik Zetterberg said. “But also he’s good at finding the open ice to be able to receive passes. He doesn’t need much.

“It’s almost like Brett Hull in a way,†Zetterberg added. “He doesn’t need a lot of room to get a shot off. It’s going to be interesting to see what he can do. Obviously he’s done a real good job down in Grand Rapids and looking forward to having him around with us.â€

http://redwingsfront.wordpress.com/...efully-he-shoots-it-every-time-he-touches-it/

sakei

Anti-Kindl-Brigade
May 19, 2014
Zurich
Pavelski is 5'11". And Tyler Johnson got tons of **** for his height. He went undrafted and was cut from an NHL camp (can't remember which). Same with St. Louis and Gaudreau had a ton of detractors. This is not a European/North American thing. It's a style thing.

eliteprospects lists Teemu Pulkkinen at 5-10/179cm and Joe Pavelski at 5-11/180cm. Do you think this 1cm makes this much of a difference? Smaller guys learn how to use their body against bigger opponents. There are tons of good NHL players who are smaller than 181cm, 7 of the leagues top20 scorers as of today are listed at 181cm or less.

Oh and that Datsyuk guy is only 180cm. I heard he's quite a good player tho...:sarcasm:

Give him a chance to prove himself and stop calling him "too small" for the NHL, if he knows how to use his body he will make it.

EDIT:

http://youtu.be/o0oCuMsdBd0

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce