Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Ugh, hold the phones:

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 14m 14 minutes ago
Babcock said Glendening will play with Datsyuk and Tatar. He wants someone to do some work for those guys.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Ugh, hold the phones:

Babcock said Glendening will play with Datsyuk and Tatar. He wants someone to do some work for those guys.

Heh, Babs is pissed.

Mickey mentioned it last night as Glendening got some shifts late in the game. Kenny was fishing for "Babs obviously trusts him" and Mickey took it to "and he's probably making a point to some other players"

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
With all the chances Datsyuk and Tatar create I wouldn't be surprised if Glendening bangs home a couple of garbage goals on that line.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ugh, hold the phones:

I really like Luke Glendening, unfortunately this move was entirely foreseeable with Babcock. It will as usual create an interesting narrative for a good player that works hard that is getting deployed ridiculously by his coach.

This is not like Abdelkader who you believe has more offense and some track record of playing good offensive hockey at other levels. Luke Glendening should not be up out of the bottom 6. He could have a Draper like career year at some point because he busts his *** every single shift like Drapes, but this doesn't make any sense. I fear when Glendening becomes a target of the masses around here when this is all Mike Babcock.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Luke Glendening on line 1 is absolute ********.

Seriously we just turned the corner from the Cleary crap, and then here we go.

C'mon dude.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
It's probably just to send a message and no one will outwork Glendening. Jurco was atrocious and not ready for that slot. The drop off from Helm to Jurco was night and day. He should just put Nyquist there after a few shifts from Glendening to help set the tone.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Babcock didn't think Jurco made enough room out there for Tatar and Datsyuk to go to work. Fair assessment. Babcock thinks Glendening might be able to. Not an outrageous notion. Luke knows his role.

I doubt it's anything more than making a point for half a game. Unless it actually works.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Glendening is a NHL player that plays heavy and brings it every night. I have no problem with him playing in the top two lines if it makes an example for the other players.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Glendening on the top line is crazy enough to work.

For like a week. Then teams will adjust and he'll be exposed as in way over his head. But this thread isn't about him, so whatever...

The longer Pulu stays up with Helm out, the better I see the chances of him taking that top line slot. Datsyuk and Tatar work hard pretty much every night and I think Pulks looked good enough without the puck in the o zone last time around.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Why not Pulkkinen with Datsyuk? Makes too much sense. Glendenning is Babcock's love child.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Why not Pulkkinen with Datsyuk? Makes too much sense. Glendenning is Babcock's love child.
Babcock loves guys that are big or play big. I believe Datsyuk has said the same thing about that. It's why you saw Bertuzzi with Datsyuk. Franzen. Abdelkader.

In theory I agree with you about putting Pulkkinen with Datsyuk. I'd rather him play on the third line against lesser competition on both sides of the ice though. I think he'd be able to find a lot more open ice. Just IMO.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Babcock loves guys that are big or play big. I believe Datsyuk has said the same thing about that. It's why you saw Bertuzzi with Datsyuk. Franzen. Abdelkader.

In theory I agree with you about putting Pulkkinen with Datsyuk. I'd rather him play on the third line against lesser competition on both sides of the ice though. I think he'd be able to find a lot more open ice. Just IMO.

But there HAS TO be a prerequisite for skill level to be granted that role too.

As TZE said, Abby had shown scoring at lower levels, and was 2nd rd pick.

Throwing Glendening up there is just garbage.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
IMO pulkkinen with pavel only makes sense if we rearrange the lines. No need for two smallish snipers on the same line. I'd like to see something like:

Tatar Datsyuk Cole
Pulkkinen Z Abdelkader
Weiss Sheahan Nyquist
Andersson Glendening Miller

Jurco to GR to get his scoring swagger back.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
But there HAS TO be a prerequisite for skill level to be granted that role too.

As TZE said, Abby had shown scoring at lower levels, and was 2nd rd pick.

Throwing Glendening up there is just garbage.
I am definitely not disagreeing. Just pointing out why Babcock is doing it, justifiable or not.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I'm not even mad. Personally I think this is hilarious. This is absurd. Why not put Sheahan or Cole in that role?? Even Ferraro and Callahan wld be more fit for this role than Glendening. Dare I say even Dan Cleary wld be a better option. Not sure why Babs is so mad, but I can't see him sticking with these lines for long.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I would put Nyquist with Tatar and Datsyuk anyway.

Pulkkinen has showed good chemistry with Weiss.

Weiss - Sheahan - Pulkkinen would be my third line. It also gets Teemu away from Top 4 pairings allowing him more time and space to get open. Two guys to jam the net and look for rebounds in the dirty area when the NHL goalie spits out his howitzer. Just me but that is what I would do in terms of Teemu's line right now.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I'm not even mad. Personally I think this is hilarious. This is absurd. Why not put Sheahan or Cole in that role?? Even Ferraro and Callahan wld be more fit for this role than Glendening. Dare I say even Dan Cleary wld be a better option. Not sure why Babs is so mad, but I can't see him sticking with these lines for long.

I have to think Khan is right that he's holding Pulu's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad