News Article: Tedenby is looking to leave and talking to teams in Russia...

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
GUARANTEE you he scores 30-40 goals a year there

If Jonathon Cheechoo and Marcel Hossa can , he can

If it wasnt for money I would rather play in the AHL , leagues a joke

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He's a bust over here, but he will probably do better on the bigger ice.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
Me no understand Russian :shakehead

To sum it up; he ain't happy not playing & wants to play in a league that will take him. Hence, the KHL.

Ironically, that league is a better fit for him.

Also ironically, another NJ Devils pick/player that will leave the organization for yet...nothing in return.

This is getting old. :shakehead

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If this is true, he's basically admitting he cant hack it here, and wants to make some money while he still can.

Probably a smart decision.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Good luck Teddy. Thanks for the highlight plays. The little we have is more than we've seen in NJ from guys who have been here for years.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Bye Teddy, you'll be missed :( (by me at least)

ea2tzb.jpg

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I envy that guy, he was basically slapped around and never complained at all, I hope he does well over there

take care little buddy
gilligan.jpg

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I feel bad for Teddy. Seems like a legitimately nice dude and it's not his fault he was rushed. But he just simply can't hack it. Best of luck.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Yeah Tedenby failed to produce at times but he had potential that was stained by the Devils' handling of him. I always thought it was sad that when every player on a team is playing bad/not producing veterans and certain guys seem excused but young players still establishing themselves are scratched/demoted/etc. and blamed.

Unfortunately this is going to be the new reality when it is almost impossible to crack the top 9 and play with legit NHLers (Josefson).

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Best of luck to him wherever he ends up. Was never really a fan of his, but I've got no hard feelings against him.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Let's be reality, NJ plays a really boring kind of hockey, which doesn't mech with players like Tedenby.

This is the reason a lot of drafts, prospects and young players struggle in NJ. No room for creativity and thinking for yourself, just follow a plan to 110%.

You have made one exception the last decade, he's in the KHL now, enjoying more money and more freedom.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Let's be reality, NJ plays a really boring kind of hockey, which doesn't mech with players like Tedenby.

This is the reason a lot of drafts, prospects and young players struggle in NJ. No room for creativity and thinking for yourself, just follow a plan to 110%.

You have made one exception the last decade, he's in the KHL now, enjoying more money and more freedom.

That's a cop out excuse. 29 other teams had the chance to take a flyer on Tedenby and they decided to pass as well.

Tedenby's hockey sense never really developed which happens to plenty of non-Devils prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad