Player Discussion Teddy Blueger and Pius Suter

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rave reviews on early returns for Blueger and Suter....valuable centers who are solid on the dot; can contribute to the PK; and play higher in the lineup in the event of injuries.

And the best part is the 'price'. Suter signed for two years at $1.6m and Blueger one year at $1.9m. We're so used to Benning dramatically overpaying for guys like this with contract and term, that it still creates wonderment when Canuck management actually get it right.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Rave reviews on early returns for Blueger and Suter....valuable centers who are solid on the dot; can contribute to the PK; and play higher in the lineup in the event of injuries.

And the best part is the 'price'. Suter signed for two years at $1.6m and Blueger one year at $1.9m. We're so used to Benning dramatically overpaying for guys like this with contract and term, that it still creates wonderment when Canuck management actually get it right.
If it’s JB and JW
It would be 2.5 x2 for Blueger and
2.7 x 4 for Suter

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm waiting for the "Suter is a 5C who should only be used at centre in a pinch" discussions.

Reactions: bh53

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I'm waiting for the "Suter is a 5C who should only be used at centre in a pinch" discussions.

Not that I'm saying you're going to be wrong, but I'd really have at least waited a few weeks into the season to fire this one up. Preseason hockey can make fools of the best of us.

Reactions: Nucker101

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Not that I'm saying you're going to be wrong, but I'd really have at least waited a few weeks into the season to fire this one up. Preseason hockey can make fools of the best of us.

Huh? How am I "going to be wrong" simply for waiting a certain discussion to happen? You're giving me realtor telling a client to buy now vibes. Should the topic be discussed now since it reflects how management and or Tocchet views the player?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
We're kidding ourselves if we think Benning was even trying to sign these players. He'd have gone after like Toews to be a mentor or something, and then some guy playing in Europe who was a Flames or Bruins pick ten years ago or once played Prep hockey in the northeast.
I am reasonably certain that Jankowski would be a Canuck right now.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Suter was really good last night.

The first few games of the preseason were much like how I remembered him from other teams as a 'better Granlund' but he played hungrier last night than I've seen him before.
MS, what are your thoughts on Tocchet as a coach? It seems like he’s been getting a lot out of players despite Arizona fans being pretty bleh on him.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
MS, what are your thoughts on Tocchet as a coach? It seems like he’s been getting a lot out of players despite Arizona fans being pretty bleh on him.

I like almost everything he's done so far.

I expected him to be a very blunt instrument type but he's more intelligent than I gave him credit for, and it's so nice to actually have people talking about standards and accountability for the first time in a decade.

Arizona had really good defensive/PK records with him there but couldn't score. But was their personnel ever going to score much with any coach?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad