Weekes: Teams trying to trade for Sasha Chmelevski

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I never understood this. “This $10 bill in my pocket was in my pants when I put them on. I better trade it for 3 singles”
I think it is because Mike Grier has a certain style of play that he wants the team to do that Chmelevski does not seem to have. When Chmelevski was with the Sharks and in the AHL he was clearly skilled offensively but did not seem to engage defensively like he needed to which frustrated the coaching staff and I think prevented him from getting better opportunities with the Sharks.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I never understood this. “This $10 bill in my pocket was in my pants when I put them on. I better trade it for 3 singles”
Yeah doesn’t make much sense, but MG has traded a ton of the prospects and players from the Doug Wilson era that were struggling or middling. He’s building his own roster and I don’t think he cares much for the type of players they selected.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The way I understand it, Chmelevski doesn’t have a contract, so isn’t in Russia on loan from the Sharks, and therefore would need to go on waivers if he came to North America later this season?

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
The way I understand it, Chmelevski doesn’t have a contract, so isn’t in Russia on loan from the Sharks, and therefore would need to go on waivers if he came to North America later this season?
If he wanted to come back for end of this season you are correct waivers would come into play.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Makes his KHL visit look pretty bad..

Global politics are complicated, he could be from a part of Ukraine that is sympathetic to Russia

edit: also he probably has bills to pay, and if his family has been here for a while, he may not even see Ukraine as where his grandparents came from, if it was around the time the USSR collapsed

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad