Teams over cap that need to make a move

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Id do Phaneuf if Toronto retained about 2 mil dor the duration...

But I dont see them pressured to do so, which means its going to cost to get him.
1st + Vats + Etem?

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Once the Rangers sign Moore, they'll be uncomfortably close to the cap, any thoughts on Marc Staal? He's turning UFA next summer. He'd be a perfect fit in our top four (on paper).

Last edited:

BringBackTheIceman

Mar 24, 2013
Once the Rangers sign Moore, they'll be uncomfortably close to the cap, any thoughts on Marc Staal? He's turning UFA next summer. He'd be a perfect fit in our top four (on paper).

Would be nice, but most likely on his way to Carolina as an Ufa after the season.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

He isn;t good enough to push us over the edge and will cost as much as someone like Phaneuf who is much better.

Phaneuf is the best fit for semi-available guys but it's never gonna happen for multiple reasons.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
A #2 defensemen with just injuries.

Not a ducks fan my brother is and saw you were searching for a Dmen. Top pairing defensemen are hard to get however I think with a mother defensemen that can do as well as fowler would give the ducks a strong case to be a top team. The acquisition of Kesler will make the 2nd line stronger.

Fowler-Green would be a bad pairing. No physicality at all.

He isn;t good enough to push us over the edge and will cost as much as someone like Phaneuf who is much better.

Phaneuf is the best fit for semi-available guys but it's never gonna happen for multiple reasons.
Are you sure 1 UFA year of Marc Staal would cost us as much as 6 years of Phaneuf? By the way i`m not sure Phaneuf is currantly availble (idk if Staal is either)

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Fowler-Green would be a bad pairing. No physicality at all.

Are you sure 1 UFA year of Marc Staal would cost us as much as 6 years of Phaneuf? By the way i`m not sure Phaneuf is currantly availble (idk if Staal is either)

I was talking cash wise.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
On that second video Green was about 3 inches away from being walked around.... The guy can't play defense and he isn't Subban throwing huge hits.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah not like Green is completely soft but outside of those couple of hits i really don`t think he`s close as physical as Lovejoy. Amount of hits isn`t the only scale to measure physicality of course but it does say at least something. For consideration - Green didn`t average even a hit per game last year.

Lovejoy averaged more than 2,5. Lovejoy actually led the Ducks in hits and was 22nd in the league among skaters, 7th among defensemen. He does take a lot of physical pressure off of Fowler and i do believe that`s a big key to their chemistry.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

He could be had at the deadline as a rental without selling the farm. You don't see Fowler - Staal as an upgrade over Fowler - Lovejoy ?

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Id do Phaneuf if Toronto retained about 2 mil dor the duration...

But I dont see them pressured to do so, which means its going to cost to get him.
1st + Vats + Etem?

I wouldn't touch that even if it was just 2 of the 3

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Doesn't Getzlaf have issues with Phanuef? If that's the case, there's no chance he's being traded for

Perry had issues with Robidas. Selanne had issues with Pronger. These guys are pros, so I don't think any of them would have issue playing with a specific player unless it was something extreme like it involved their personal lives.

Suddenly7

Jun 15, 2012
Anaheim
from the interviews and such phaneuf also seems like a big dick.

can't believe he wears the C in toronto

Captain Dick?

I rather hold on to our players and not make any trades until the deadline is close. As for that I would recommend getting George (Buffalo).

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
from the interviews and such phaneuf also seems like a big dick.

So was Kesler in VAN. People better brace for that.

Getz and Phaneuf have bad blood going back to juniors and early on in their NHL careers. I'm not sure how much of still exists since they don't see much of each other anymore. But as has been stated, they're pros they can make it work.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So was Kesler in VAN. People better brace for that.

Getz and Phaneuf have bad blood going back to juniors and early on in their NHL careers. I'm not sure how much of still exists since they don't see much of each other anymore. But as has been stated, they're pros they can make it work.

haven`t they played for national teams together too? Yeah, no need to even discuss this topic

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
haven`t they played for national teams together too? Yeah, no need to even discuss this topic

well phaneuf didn't make team Canada in 2014, but don't remember if he did in 2010.....prolly not cuz they were stacked very well defensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad