Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What does a return look like? Draft picks?
Not sure, but possibly picks or a prospect. Maybe a like for like swap, but someone looking to get younger and we get a vet in return. We'll have question marks at LD next year with Bouwmeester getting older and possibly retiring.

I just don't expect forwards or a goalie as a return. Not even sure we'll move him now that we have everyone signed.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I would love Edmundson in Chicago. Just dump Koekkoek/Dahlstrom and/or let Boqvist start in the A.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Edmundson makes sense to stay in St Louis eh? Why would the Stanley Cup champs want to trade away a rental the year after he helped them hoist the cup when he still fits under their cap

Reactions: TJJefferson

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Edmundson makes sense to stay in St Louis eh? Why would the Stanley Cup champs want to trade away a rental the year after he helped them hoist the cup when he still fits under their cap
There's been rumors around him for awhile. Management hasn't exactly been super happy with how he's developed and they were disappointed in his inconsistent play throughout last season. Essentially, there's no guarantee he's in the top 6, and management is unsure of committing to him long-term.

It would make more sense to hold for now IMO, but he's someone that Army would be willing to discuss.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well, saying he helped us win the Cup is a stretch. He was scratched many times throughout the playoffs and was our worst defenseman. We won despite him.

That’s not to say I think he’s a terrible player but the Blues have decent depth on defense and if they want to clear cap space, Edmundson’s $3 million would be an easy way to do it. Because unfortunately, moving Steen won’t be easy.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Well, saying he helped us win the Cup is a stretch. He was scratched many times throughout the playoffs and was our worst defenseman. We won despite him.

That’s not to say I think he’s a terrible player but the Blues have decent depth on defense and if they want to clear cap space, Edmundson’s $3 million would be an easy way to do it. Because unfortunately, moving Steen won’t be easy.

Why would we need to clear cap space at this point? I really don't see the point in moving him this late in the offseason unless teams are desperate to fill a hole.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Unless we're getting a much bigger return than I expect this doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't be comfortable relying on Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson to be in the lineup all year.

Reactions: TJJefferson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad