Dreger: Teams considering a sign and trade for Taylor Hall

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
This has sweet Lou all over it. 1st rounder + Brian Bellows for a signed Taylor Hall at 3x7. Then trade a 2nd + Wilde for Palmieri and extend him at 5x5.

$100 mill cap in the offseason he'll whittle down at the expansion draft and before the entry draft by offering 2022-2032 first rounders. Isles will then have 20 players locked in at terms of 5+ years.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
My guess would be that this "trade and sign" would be for one extra year. Three years max.

It takes extra time these days to get a player integrated into a team. I would guess there are GMs out there willing to pay a late 1st or 2nd++ but they would want cost certainty for next year too.

Carolina's GM has said they are less interested in rentals and more interested in hockey deals. Hall adding a year or two makes those GMs more interested and it is possible that Hall himself also wants a bit of security.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Ah yes, I am sure teams are thrilled at the chance to give the Sabres extra value for the privilege of being locked in on Hall with term...
That’s what I was thinking. The only reason to have Buffalo do the signing is to get an 8th year. I can’t see anyone besides Hall that would want that right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad