Status
Not open for further replies.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
If hes traded that will probably be the top 3 worst decisions in the nhl ever

a. Did you read the article to find out why teams are calling on him?

b. Unless he doesn’t want to be here, nothing is saying that he doesn’t, he’ll be staying put. But don’t think Zito wants a Tavares situation either.

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
To Montreal:
Pierre-Luc Dubois

To Florida:
Nick Suzuki
Alexander Texier
Kaiden Guhle

To Columbus:
Alexander Barkov
Why in the flying heck would we do that? Florida would just take PLd and Texier and be happier...but we aren’t reading Barky

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What's better than one Kopitar? Two Kopitars! Byfield+ I'm assuming?

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
I've wanted Treliving to be pursuing Barkov for the last many months. I am exceedingly hopeful but not optimistic that we will finally have a true 1C in Calgary

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Barkov for Kadri....

Because I want to see the world burn.

LavishTautAnole-small.gif

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why? Our GM said he wasn’t available and we want to re sign him

There will be a reckoning on the subject well in advance of the last minute upwards of 2 years hence, but key here is....

a. Did you read the article to find out why teams are calling on him?

b. Unless he doesn’t want to be here, nothing is saying that he doesn’t, he’ll be staying put. But don’t think Zito wants a Tavares situation either.

... key here is da bold.
Barkov controls this situation.
If he wants out he goes, and FL forced to move him as soon as return reaches optimal return.

However, if he likes the vibe, thinks mgmt is making a sincere effort to upgrade, digs (state) tax free paycheck, he may well stay.
There is ZERO reason to believe at this point he wants out. It would help if he spoke out, even if conditionally, and say, like "As of today, we are good.". That would give him bit of wriggle room if projection for Panthers turns sour.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Trading Barkov would be the most disastrous hockey move in their franchise history. Keep Barkov. Stop the speculation.
Letting Barkov walk for nothing is a more disastrous move.

It’s a crappy situation to be in for a GM. They will never get a return big enough to justify trading him to the fans but it’s really awful asset management to get nothing for him at all. Just look at Tavares and the Islanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad