Team who crapped the bed the worst

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Idk if that's really crapping the bed. Pronger was gone the following season, and his performance during the 2006 playoffs was deranged.

Last edited:

Autism

Sep 29, 2013
Ontario
The 1974-75 Washington Capitals went 8-67-5 for 21 points in 80 games, a point percentage of .131, during their first NHL season.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
The Jets. They finally make the playoffs and they get swept easily by the Ducks.

For such a strong season to fall apart like that, total embarrassment.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The Jets. They finally make the playoffs and they get swept easily by the Ducks.

For such a strong season to fall apart like that, total embarrassment.

eh, I wouldn't call it a "strong" season. They only made it in because Los Angeles royally **** the bed that year. I also wouldn't call an 8 seed getting swept by a 1 seed crapping the bed. Yea the Jets were a popular underdog because of the playoffs finally returning to Winnipeg, but anyone who had a clue knew that it would be a short series.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
One could say last year's Caps crapped the bed too

by losing to the best team in the league and giving them a better fight than any other team? The caps have defiantly **** the bed a few times over the past few years, don't think last year was one of them.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
eh, I wouldn't call it a "strong" season. They only made it in because Los Angeles royally **** the bed that year. I also wouldn't call an 8 seed getting swept by a 1 seed crapping the bed. Yea the Jets were a popular underdog because of the playoffs finally returning to Winnipeg, but anyone who had a clue knew that it would be a short series.

Sure but look at the OP's argument for crapping the bed.

The Oilers went into the 06 playoffs as a massive 8th seed underdog and beat the 1st seed Red Wings who had one of their best years in recent memory.

They made it to game 7 of the finals even with Roloson injured but lost to the Canes who had Ward playing phenomenally.

The following year they lost a bunch of players including Pronger.

I would say the Jets getting swept is way worse. Even Toronto took Boston to game before they choked.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
An 8th-seeded team who made the Cup Final "crapped the bed"? In what reality does this happen?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
2005-06 Red Wings

2009-2010 Boston Bruins

2013-14 San Jose Sharks

2012-13 Maple Leafs

Unforgivable playoff performances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad