TSN: Team USA U-18 has victory stolen from them in Edmonton

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
May not be a good goal but giving up one late like that and putting it in the hands of the officials feels more like choking than being robbed

I'll concede that you do have somewhat of a valid point.

With under a minute remaining, Team USA attempted an ill-advised shot at the empty net that resulted in an icing.

I don't know if the opportunity to pad one's stats with an ENG is too tempting, but it was a really bad decision. I absolutely hate that play and am never surprised when it ends in disaster either directly or indirectly, as it did last night.

Either gain the center line, or soft dump.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Lol.... There's really no defending this. Please stop. Clock read 0.0 well before the puck went in the net. Game is over when the clock reads zero, no?
The fact remain that the rules were in place before the tournament and rules were agreed upon. Due to the issue if video not avail in Red Deer teams agreed there would be no video review. For those complaining about Canada cheating or ref bias need to get over themselves, yes it was a goal, mistakes happen and the four officials on the ice called it a good goal. Sun came up today as expected.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Once jack Hughes hits the NHL, the United States will be the best hockey nation for a decade minimum.

Canada's response:

nope.gif

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
And throttled by the Russians today.

Canada is dominating Sweden now

After a screw job like that, who cares about winning the bronze. Should have been playing for gold. Backwards rules, and blind/deaf officials giving them a game they didn't deserve.

Reverse the scenario. USA scores at the end and Canada decides to review it and overturn it. USA Fans would be upset about changing the rule

We would say the same thing. "That should not count. It went in after the horn expired".

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
After a screw job like that, who cares about winning the bronze. Should have been playing for gold. Backwards rules, and blind/deaf officials giving them a game they didn't deserve.

Blame the rule then, instant replay is for fraction of a second calls. The ref saw the puck go in but I doubt he can tell .01 seconds from 0.0 seconds in real time.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Reverse the scenario. USA scores at the end and Canada decides to review it and overturn it. USA Fans would be upset about changing the rule
I would hate it USA won it when there was no time. Yes the rules are rules. To say they accepted it at the beginning doesn’t make it better.
It would be an empty win. Get it?

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
I know it sucks to be on the shitty end of a blown call. The B's lost more than one game due to unacceptable reffing, lost good players due to poor rules, Did you simply say "them's the breaks", when Cooke blindsided Savard without a penalty, or when the Bruins lost games because the refs/video replay couldn't see the puck in the net even though it had to be there...It was a shitty win and the entire thing is tainted because of it. I'm a proud Canadian who WON'T be puffing my chest out over this one.

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad