Post-Game Talk: Team Sucks 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Some of us were advocating to stand pat or very close to that. Too many issues with this year's Jets to blow the future was the argument.
I realize many advocated for Chevy to stand by at the TD and not do anything. I was replying to a post that suggested that Chevy hadn't done enough to "fix" the team.

Though that poster clarified a bit and seemed to imply it was a matter of conditioning which I don't buy.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I realize many advocated for Chevy to stand by at the TD and not do anything. I was replying to a post that suggested that Chevy hadn't done enough to "fix" the team.

Though that poster clarified a bit and seemed to imply it was a matter of conditioning which I don't buy.

Two different things. Rentals are like that cold mix shit that gets dumped into potholes this time of year. It covers up the underlying problem but does nothing to provide a permanent solution. By the time summer comes around, it's long gone and you still have these gaping holes.

Chevy has put this team on the verge of cap hell without actually being a contender. If he's allowed to continue this mismanagement, the potholes will become a giant sinkhole, and Jets fans will be the ones falling into the abyss.

Hey, I'm just in a metaphorical mood this morning. :nod:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So if we ran out of gas in the 3rd, like some think, isn't that more concerning than anything. They had great pace for half the game but I don't think that was enough to empty the tank. Jeezuz they played far more balls out last year and they rarely emptied the tank by the 3rd.

I think it was more a combination of sitting back a bit and some mental mistakes.

There's no way they should have been out of gas.

Agree there's no way they should have been out of gas - but I think they were. If they thought they were going to protect a 1 goal lead for the full 3rd period then I just don't know what to say. Especially with the number of leads, including much bigger leads that they have been unable to protect all year.

If they were sitting back that was the mental mistake - and we need a new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad