Team Russia 2022 and going forward

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Before I begin, wanted to ask to please stay out of politics here, if you have nothing hockey related to say, move to another thread.

In this thread I wanted to discuss all Russian national teams this year and going forward.

Obviously, there’s no timeline when IIHF ban will be lifted, but the national team needs to play some games and give players some international experience.

From what I can gather, what we can expect is
- Russian U18, U20, senior teams might play exhibition games between each other
- Russian U18, U20 teams might play against KHL teams
- Russian teams might play Belarus, China and other “friendly” nations
- There might be some tournaments between Russian regions

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
I think the best would be some regional tournaments and the winners against each other with the best Team called world champion.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Would like to see U18 selects compete against stronger MHL clubs. U20 selects match up against VHL clubs.

There needs to be some serious thinking here to make sure that guys are being challenged and developing properly.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Russia “Under 25 Stars” team is created and will participate in the Sochi Open Cup. Michkov should be playing for it.

PM88RU

Dec 24, 2020
Moscow, Russia
Every crisis is a driver to the changes. If our athletes are prohibited to compete at international level, I really hope that situation will stimulate to develop hockey inside Russia (&friendly countries), and some local tournaments will be organized instead. Our players and fans deserve that.

It’s high time to turn the focus inside the country and to take the measures to compensate the isolation somehow.

For example, why such things like draft and salary cap haven’t been implemented in KHL yet? What is the reason behind it? More parity across the league, better conditions for players to grow and develop, that’s stupid to argue against.

I’m fed up with KHL final being mostly CSKA/SKA show when those two clubs can afford to ice two good rosters each.

Hockey youth programs development, etc.

There’re lots of areas to improve, but only time can tell if anything will happen in that direction.

Sorry for the off topic:)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Every crisis is a driver to the changes. If our athletes are prohibited to compete at international level, I really hope that situation will stimulate to develop hockey inside Russia (&friendly countries), and some local tournaments will be organized instead. Our players and fans deserve that.

It’s high time to turn the focus inside the country and to take the measures to compensate the isolation somehow.

For example, why such things like draft and salary cap haven’t been implemented in KHL yet? What is the reason behind it? More parity across the league, better conditions for players to grow and develop, that’s stupid to argue against.

I’m fed up with KHL final being mostly CSKA/SKA show when those two clubs can afford to ice two good rosters each.

Hockey youth programs development, etc.

There’re lots of areas to improve, but only time can tell if anything will happen in that direction.

Sorry for the off topic:)
Salary cap at least in some way is implemented now, but as for the KHL draft I don't really believe in it after it failed so badly previously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad