Team North America U24 right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
So, I got an idea, who would be on the best U24 team for North America right at this moment? I feel like the team today would be much stronger than in the September's World Cup. I also feel like there is a lot depth, a lot of good players. The future is in good hands. The depth is so good that even the B team would be competitive. Just for fun - who would make your team? To make it easier for you, I put down a list here, roughly the best at all positions.

NORTH AMERICA U24
Goaltenders: Gibson, M.Murray, Hellebuyck

Defensemen: Werenski, Hanifin, Skjei, Slavin, McCabe, Gostisbehere, Nurse, Morrissey, Rielly, Matheson, R. Murray, Hutton - Carlo, Jones, Pesce, Trouba, Ekblad, Severson, Dumba, Ceci, Parayko, D.Hamilton

Forwards: Tkachuk, Larkin, Hartman, Dvorak, Gaudreau, Vesey, Bennett, Fabbri, Drouin, Domi, Athanasiou, Danalut, N.Ritchie - Matthews, Eichel, Galchenyuk, McDavid, MacKinnon, Horvat, Monahan, Scheifele, Nugent-Hopkins, Jenner, Patrick - Trocheck, Miller, Marner, Konecny, S.Reinhart, Mantha, C.Brown, B.Ritchie, R.Strome

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Gaudreau, Bennett and Monahan should definitely NOT be on the team with their play this season.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I think the depth of the U23/24 team is a lot higher now, but honestly there's very few changes I would make to a 20 man roster in the world cup if the teams were remade today.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
So, I got an idea, who would be on the best U24 team for North America right at this moment? I feel like the team today would be much stronger than in the September's World Cup. I also feel like there is a lot depth, a lot of good players. The future is in good hands. The depth is so good that even the B team would be competitive. Just for fun - who would make your team? To make it easier for you, I put down a list here, roughly the best at all positions.

NORTH AMERICA U24
Goaltenders: Gibson, M.Murray, Hellebuyck

Defensemen: Werenski, Hanifin, Skjei, Slavin, McCabe, Gostisbehere, Nurse, Morrissey, Rielly, Matheson, R. Murray, Hutton - Carlo, Jones, Pesce, Trouba, Ekblad, Severson, Dumba, Ceci, Parayko, D.Hamilton

Forwards: Tkachuk, Larkin, Hartman, Dvorak, Gaudreau, Vesey, Bennett, Fabbri, Drouin, Domi, Athanasiou, Danalut, N.Ritchie - Matthews, Eichel, Galchenyuk, McDavid, MacKinnon, Horvat, Monahan, Scheifele, Nugent-Hopkins, Jenner, Patrick - Trocheck, Miller, Marner, Konecny, S.Reinhart, Mantha, C.Brown, B.Ritchie, R.Strome

Goalies- Gibson, Murray
Defensemen- Slavin, Werenski, Rielly, Jones, Parayko, Ekblad (Gostisbehere)
Forwards- McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Galchenyuk, Scheifele, Marner, Gaudreau, Fabbri, Tkachuk, Horvat, Trochek, Mackinnon (Drouin, Domi)

Going off the names you gave, in my opinion.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
This is under the assumption that each player will stay at the positions set by the OP:

Gaudreau - McDavid - Marner
Drouin - Mathews - Reinhart
Fabbri - Scheifele - Mantha
Larkin - Eichel - Konecny
(MacKinnon, Galchenyuk)

Werenski - Ekblad
Reilly - Jones
Gostisbehere - Parayko
(Hanifin, Carlo)

Murray
Gibson

This is under the assumption that any player can play at any position as long as it doesn't have the player jump roles (like forward playing defense):

Gaudreau - McDavid - MacKinnon
Drouin - Mathews - Eichel
Fabbri - Scheifele - Marner
Tkachuk - Galchenyuk - Mantha
(Horvat, Konecny)

Werenski - Ekblad
Reilly - Jones
Gostisbehere - Parayko
(Carlo, Hanifin)

Murray
Gibson

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I wish we were able to watch Team North America play every year. That was such a fun team to watch

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
All guys born post 1993:

Keller-Mcdavid-Boeser
Galchenyuk-Matthews-Marner
Tkachuk-Monahan-Mantha
Drouin-Eichel-MacKinnon

Werenski-Jones
Reilly-Trouba
Hanifin-Ekblad

Murray
Ferguson

Reactions: leospaceman3434

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Matthews - McDavid - MacKinnon
Gaudreau - Monahan - Boeser
Tkachuk - Eichel - Mantha
Horvat - Point - Marner
Drouin
Keller

Werenski - Jones
Rielly - Trouba
Slavin - Ekblad

Murray

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I think the home country has first dibs on the player, no?

In that case, McDaddy, Matthews, Mackinnon, Gaudreau and Eichel would all be on their home country team.

Possibly Rielly, Werenski, Jones and Slavin too.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Matthews - McDavid - MacKinnon
Gaudreau - Monahan - Boeser
Tkachuk - Eichel - Mantha
Horvat - Point - Marner
Drouin
Keller

Werenski - Jones
Rielly - Trouba
Slavin - Ekblad

Murray

Agree with that.

I think Nurse on the running as the 7/8 Dman with his play this year. Sure he'd be eating popcorn during the game but I think he's been in that next tier of really good young D men this year.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Agree with that.

I think Nurse on the running as the 7/8 Dman with his play this year. Sure he'd be eating popcorn during the game but I think he's been in that next tier of really good young D men this year.
agreed. Nurse is awesome. A bit of a hot take but I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up better than Ekblad

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
agreed. Nurse is awesome. A bit of a hot take but I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up better than Ekblad

Yeah and I know you watch the Oilers a lot and I thought he was probably the best Dman on the ice for either team against the Leafs.

I would trade Klefbom and Larsson before Nurse. His growth is remarkable from his rookie season to now, he's always had the raw skill but the mental part of the game is really shining through. Him and McDavid are the only bright spots for us.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah and I know you watch the Oilers a lot and I thought he was probably the best Dman on the ice for either team against the Leafs.

I would trade Klefbom and Larsson before Nurse. His growth is remarkable from his rookie season to now, he's always had the raw skill but the mental part of the game is really shining through. Him and McDavid are the only bright spots for us.
yeah I was a fan of him since his 2015 WJC. his skating and love for punishing the other team has always impressed me, but he's really taken a big step this year. I think that I'll hate him if the Leafs have to play against him in the SCF but for now I'm a big fan

Reactions: snipes

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
So this Jan 18 2017 thread was bumped today for any special reason except to say that a poster could watch the team every year? Confusing.

Reactions: Plural
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad