Team name and jersey ideas

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't think you will see the logo look "mean". Not if part of the goal is to get kids to like it. But it won't be a teddy bear either. I think some kind of subtle logo.
I would love that. Not just a big monster face. Which is so hard to pull off. Either it’s freaky or it’s goofy. I’ve not seen one anywhere I’m satisfied with.

I’m cool with mountain peaks that have a shock of wild white hair and glowing ice blue eyes in the foreground, just cut off by the base of the badging around the logo. So you know there’s a Yeti just out of site. Or something like that anyway. I’m not a designer nor creative. But any logo where a yeti is suggested rather than featured is intriguing to me.

Or something along these lines (not in love with the actual execution but like the concept:

IMG_0543.jpeg

IMG_0761.jpeg

IMG_0830.png

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I like that second logo as the shoulder patch. I'd just change the shape of it to match the outline of the state of Utah.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

May 13, 2004
I think the Seattle Kraken chose a dumb name. Just like the Yetis is a dumb name. My kids thought the Krakem was an awesome choice and fully support Yetis. I think lots of kids are like that. Most kids.

Seattle did a phenomenal job in my opinion of making an incredible brand (logo, uniforms, merchandise, creative assets, media, all of it) despite the name.

If Utah can do with Yetis what Seattle did with Kraken, we’re gonna be just fine.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
AI needs therapy.

I think the Seattle Kraken chose a dumb name. Just like the Yetis is a dumb name. My kids thought the Krakem was an awesome choice and fully support Yetis. I think lots of kids are like that. Most kids.

Seattle did a phenomenal job in my opinion of making an incredible brand (logo, uniforms, merchandise, creative assets, media, all of it) despite the name.

If Utah can do with Yetis what Seattle did with Kraken, we’re gonna be just fine.
When you consider the number of ferocious animals already used by some other team and the wide array of names that could potentially offend someone, somewhere...rolling with mythological creatures that lack a "I'm offended lobby" makes a lot of sense. When the Wasatch Sasquatch lawyers up though, we are in trouble.

Reactions: rt and Summer Rose

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
The idea that LOB would wind up with some kind of cult following is too bizarre...maybe just roll with it, make this the team name and give him the C?

1715101412392.png

(Source: Utah Hockey Fans)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think the bracket is online anywhere. I believe it's just open to people who put down a deposit for season tickets, and then Qualtrics is sending them a survey link.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So it seems we are going the Washington NFL route. They were the Washington Football Team before taking on the Washington Commanders name.

ChadBigly

May 5, 2021
This is kind of shitposty but I genuinely want them to be called the Utah Saints so they can use "something good" as the goal song

rt

May 13, 2004

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad