WC: Team Germany 2022

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Peterka's season in the AHL extended at least another week with his team reaching the play-in round due to the Marlies loss today.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Stutzle - Kahun - Bokk
Tiffels - Noebels - Pföderl
Plachta - Loibl - Ehliz
Hager - A.Eder - Fischbuch
Krämmer, D.Wolf

Abeltshauser - Seider
J.Muller - M.Muller
Holzer - Nowak
Brandt - Bittner

Grubauer
Niederberger
Strahlmeier

With players from Berlin and Munchen. Possible some of them declines. Peterka, Reichel, Gawanke, Kuhnhackl and Rieder would be huge adds. And ofc Draisaitl if Oilers gets kicked out fast.

Reactions: jaro

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
Rockford (reichel) and Rochester (peterka) won their 1st matches. It is not good for german medail ambitions

Zamboni Parade

Mar 12, 2014
Germany
Updated roster for final preparation phase. They'll be in Schwenningen until the 10th.

GAndreas JenikeIserlohner EC (DEL)
GPhilip GrubauerSeattle Kraken (NHL)
GDustin StrahlmeierGrizzlys Wolfsburg (DEL)
DDominik BittnerGrizzlys Wolfsburg (DEL)
DKorbinian HolzerAdler Mannheim (DEL)
DLeon HüttlERC Ingolstadt (DEL)
DJanik MöserGrizzlys Wolfsburg (DEL)
DMoritz MüllerKölner Haie (DEL)
DLuca MünzenbergerUniversity of Vermont (NCAA)
DMoritz SeiderDetroit Red Wings (NHL)
DFabio WagnerERC Ingolstadt (DEL)
DMarcus WeberNürnberg Ice Tigers (DEL)
DMario ZimmermannStraubing Tigers (DEL)
FAlexander BlankKrefeld Pinguine (DEL2)
FTobias EderDüsseldorfer EG (DEL)
FAlexander EhlDüsseldorfer EG (DEL)
FDaniel FischbuchDüsseldorfer EG (DEL)
FMirko HöfflinERC Ingolstadt (DEL)
FTaro JentzschIserlohner EC (DEL)
FDominik KahunSC Bern (NL)
FAlexander KarachunSchwenninger Wild Wings (DEL)
FStefan LoiblSkellefteå AIK (SHL)
FMarc MichaelisToronto Marlies (AHL)
FMatthias PlachtaAdler Mannheim (DEL)
FDaniel SchmölzNürnberg Ice Tigers (DEL)
FSamuel SoramiesERC Ingolstadt (DEL)
FTim StützleOttawa Senators (NHL)
FTim WolgemuthAdler Mannheim (DEL)

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I was a little surprised by some of the latest cuts.
I would have kept Pantkowski over Jenike as 3rd string goalie until Niederberger joins the team, but it doesn't make that much of a difference.

On defense I did not expect Möser and especially Zimmermann to still hang around, but in particular in the case of the latter I like it, so he can get some more experience. I never would have thought that he would come this far this quickly at the pro level.

Among forwards I would have kept Fleischer over some of the guys that are still there. For example Soramies, but they are very different player types so that may have played a role.

It will be really interesting to see which other players will join the team now that the DEL finals are over.
The depth on forward really has increased over the last few years. Even if Rieder and Kühnhackl do not join the team and Reichel and Peterka are not available, they will have to leave off forwards we would have been lucky to have a few years ago.
As it is it would be a solid forward group, but you have possibly Noebels, Pföderl, Tiffels and Ehliz coming and Eisenschmid, Bokk, Schütz, Krämmer, Kastner, Hager, Mauer and Wiederer are also options. That is quite different from past tournaments.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Tobias Rieder and Tom Kühnhackl will not join the team for the WHC.
No reasons have been given, yet, but the head coach has confirmed that they will not play in the tournament.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Does anybody know where our boys will stay in Helsinki? Going to be there with my family from Friday to Sunday and it'd be nice to get some autographs and/or photos with our NHL players for my kids. (And myself as well, obviously)

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
final roster

1652107658204.png

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Here are some comments from coach Toni Söderholm:

"We had many players with us during the preparations who worked really hard and purposefully.”

“It's nice to have guys who are now doing their first A-WM and I really hope that they can take an incredibly great experience for their lives with them.”

“Of course there were also very difficult decisions and Dominik Kahun's absence is not an easy one either. He tried everything to get fit and always trained hard in the background to give himself the chance to still be able to play. Unfortunately, in the end he was injured and it was a very difficult decision for him not to be able to play. That's very bitter, of course, but it's all the more important for us to support him now so that he can get back on the ice quickly."

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
What would be 1st PP lineup?

I am pretty sure 1st PP would include Seider, Stützle and Plachta. They could add Noebels and Pföderl, but I guess they will put those two on the second unit and will go with Schmölz (net front) and maybe Loibl.
Will be interesting to see that second unit. In the game against Austria they went with 5 forwards, but I am not sure they will keep doing that.

Reactions: niilo22

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Jessica Campell is one of the assistent? Cool if true
Yes, she is on the staff as one of the assistant coaches.

STAFF
Künast, Christian - Sportdirektor
Söderholm, Toni - Cheftrainer
Rowe, Tom - Assistenztrainer
Campbell, Jessica - Assistenztrainer
Murphy, Cory - Assistenztrainer
Kauhanen, Ilpo - Torwarttrainer
Elenz, Erik - Videotrainer
Fuchs, Horst - Team Manager
Stubner, Thomas - Physiotherapeut
Kreidler, André - Physiotherapeut
Kirchenkamp, Jannik - Athletiktrainer
Dr. Blanke, Fabian - Arzt
Strompf, Peter - Betreuer
Engel, Sascha - Betreuer
Menningen, Christian - Betreuer
Goldstein, Daniel - Media Manager

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Suprising names for me is: Wissman, Ehl, Zimmerman, Karachun, Soramies, Schmölz and Jentzcsh

I dont think so.
Wissman: Not surprised at all. He had a great season and has been close to making the team in the past.

Ehl: Probably wouldn't be there if it were not for injuries and other forwards declining, but he has taking a big step forward the last couple of seasons. I thought he would be one of the last forwards to get cut.

Zimmerman: He is a big surprise for me too, but I love it. Really did not see this coming. Followed his junior career and was always impressed how he put up impressive point totals for a defenseman, but he was so tiny, I did not think he could do it at the pro level. Then, as an undersized 17-year old he just stepped into the pro-level (Oberliga) and did the same there. And after playing most of the following 2 seasons in the DEL2, constantly improving, he got a chance this year in the DEL and bascially never looked back. His offense is not quite there yet, but it is developing and he is not as undersized as he has been. Very impressed with his development and this should be a great experience for him.

Karachun: Similar to Ehl, I did not expect him to make the roster initally, but under the circumstances it's not that surprising. He had a great season. Great energy player with a knack for scoring goals in various ways, but especially in close to the net.

Soramies: On one hand I am very surprised he made it, but on the other hand he was the one I expected to maybe replace Krämmer if he is not available. Good on the pk, absolute team guy.

Schmölz: A part of me is still surprised, but I know I shouldn't be. He was just too good this year, and brings something this team is lacking otherwise. He can be a net front presence on the pp, and just be an annoyance to other teams by always going to the net screeing goalies and banging in rebounds.

Jentzsch: I am a little surprised but very happy he is on the roster. Will be a great learning experience for him. He is already a very smart, creative player who could provide some skill further down the lineup. Still thought Wohlgemuth would make the team over him, Ehl or Karachun, but they have all made a good case for themselves.

In the end due to some missing players it may not be our best roster in recent memory, but it is still up there. It is lacking in experience, which might hurt them, but there is a lot of potential on this roster and giving some of these young guys a shot may pay dividends in the future.
Also, they may still leave s couple of these guys off for the start of the tournament, in case more guys from NA become available. (They are probably looking at the AHL guys).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad