FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Sylvester Stallone as Jalonen
Jasper Pääkkönen as Lankinen
Johnny Depp as Marko Anttila
Charlie DePew as Kakko
Tom Cruise as Manninen
Cruise will be an executive producer and demand the role of Anttila because of it. It's no problem, he rationalizes, since he'll be almost 5' 7" on skates. They'll be using stock footage and stuntmen for the actual action scenes anyway. And the most of the movie will actually happen on the flight home, when Anttila recalls this unlikely miracle to a reporter (played by Brad Pitt) sitting across the aisle. And Cruise will have no trouble reaching Anttila's heights in those shots, because he'll be sitting on his wallet.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Ton Cruise + high heels = Marko Anttila
Any young raising superstar with good looks @ Hollywood = Kaapo Kakko
Peter Franzen (fk Pääkkönen we need a real viking) = Kevin Lankinen

One of the additional cast can do an "ilmaveivi" at the airport even if it really didn't happen this time around, just for the sports.

And so the plot thickens.

Obviously this warrants a topic of it's own so that a pre-drafted sketch can later on be sent for the real Hollyywood writers. Otherwise they might pick up on the real events that actually took place and we'd have to watch some seriously boring hockey again from the white screens. ;)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Cruise will be an executive producer and demand the role of Anttila because of it. It's no problem, he rationalizes, since he'll be almost 5' 7" on skates. They'll be using stock footage and stuntmen for the actual action scenes anyway. And the most of the movie will actually happen on the flight home, when Anttila recalls this unlikely miracle to a reporter (played by Brad Pitt) sitting across the aisle. And Cruise will have no trouble reaching Anttila's heights in those shots, because he'll be sitting on his wallet.
I can see danger zone song already playing and Mörkö going coast to coast and landing huge hits

Reactions: karhukissa

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
We don't know if they are injured.

This team is a huge underdog. Also a great opportunity for these guys.

I like our defense. Not sure who will bring the offense though.
I said this on May 6th. It was a great opportunity indeed and defense was great.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
That's great detail but what happens to Jacqueline?

Well, if I recall correctly, she was fine - at least she survived, married the loathing rich and famous Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis and lived overtly happily ever after.

As the saying goes, I rather weep in a Rolls Royce than in a muddy ditch. And so did Jackie, apparently, resourceful and pragmatic as she was. Good for her.

On the other hand, there is also lots of cumlated wisdom saying the opposite like Free is a free man free of the troubles of the world and weight of gold, free like a road through desolate praire or desolate praire itself (let me elaborate this age old wisdom here). And there is also a well-known title Love over Gold as there is no doubt this one: Diamonds are forever.

So, it always depends on who writes the biography and has the sharpest pen and most penetrable and honest mind doing that demanding detective work into the abyss of another mind and life - or even into one's very own. And by the same token into the universal intricacies, complexities, conflicts and controversies characterising human life and condition.

Life is golden, sings Brett Anderson, the high pitch vocalist of the band called Suede. But we must always remind ourselves at this seductive point of score elevation and add a satrical line in brackets into the bitter-sweet tune of life an amused grin on our weather beaten faces - so are quite a few cages: Golden! Cages of emotionally and spiritually suffocating predicaments with no shortage of external shine or wealth.

So: A ditch or a backseat of a rollsroyce?

So, what happened to Jacqueline is a question which must leave us grasping at straws to get our lazy asses out of the ditch or then go on strolling along the golden path of independence and mud. It is a question reminiscent of the one posed by John Donne in his 17th century poem-like feverish meditations quoted by Ernest Hemingway in his 1940 war saga into the abyss of Spanish Civil War, a question bringing us before ourselves in an unforgiving crystal clear mirror. What happened to us? (For whom the bell tolls?)

Now we could continue along this literal trail and cite F. Scott Fitzgerald's Great Gatsby, The - as we inceasingly and without a further ado try to dig our ways back through the grey massive of Time into the joyful golden vein of youth giving us all we once needed.

We all are as much captivated by the fate of Citizen Kane as we are by the story of Gatsby and the life of Jackie. They are variations of the same tragic story. "Rosebud, rosebud" - these voices have been hidden under the thick heavy layers of gold, mud and rock shaping our present only waiting to be voiced again when ears don't hear anymore but souls do.

To return to the topic: What will happen to Jack? All work and no play makes any Jack a dull boy. So, our Jack might be lucky beyond recocgnition in that PLAY is and will be his work. It just might save him from becoming another dull boy, even more so since his playing is anything but dull, full of creative tricks, twists and surprises.

--- Eh, where were we? What brought us here? :huh::help:The curious and creative mind of Loffer, most likely. Be my guests. :popcorn:

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What a awesome way to celebrate 90 yrs old Finnish hockey association to win gold in IIHF worlds.
Nobody didn't believe this team but team itself and players did and only that really matters.

Once again huge congratulations to gold medal lions and 90 yrs old Finnish hockey association.
Miracle on ice vol 2 is true. KIITOS ÄIJÄT.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

One of the additional cast can do an "ilmaveivi" at the airport even if it really didn't happen this time around, just for the sports.

Obviously this warrants a topic of it's own so that a pre-drafted sketch can later on be sent for the real Hollyywood writers. Otherwise they might pick up on the real events that actually took place and we'd have to watch some seriously boring hockey again from the white screens. ;)

:eek:

I sincerely hope they won't ever make that movie...

Jasper Pääkkönen could play a role of Jack Hughes. In movies everything is always exaggerated, so Mörkö could be played by Sultan Kösen. Hugo Weaving makes decent Raimo Helminen, Jon Voight makes good Jalonen, and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Kalervo Kummola. Morgan Freeman could act a role of Nurse.

Other casting is rather irrelevant for the plotline, but at least Vin Diesel, Brad Pit, Johnny Depp, Matt Damon, Keanu Reeves and Pierce Brosnan should fit in as players of Team Finland, and that only for ensuring box office success at North American markets. Lawrence Fishburne as Hero Mali to fulfill racial quota for American distribution. If Lee Van Cleef would live he would perform in role of Alex Ovechkin, but I don't think thats real issue as his character can be simulated using CGI, and of course bullet time takes are vogue in this movie too, so its wise to budget for that accordingly. Casting of female characters is bigger problem, but if we take some artistic licenses here, Milla Jovovich could play the role of Noora Räty on the net of Lions.

Hmm... Some 250-300 million dollars would likely be enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stubu

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Casting of female characters is bigger problem, but if we take some artistic licenses here, Milla Jovovich could play the role of Noora Räty on the net of Lions.
She could play Sara Sieppi, who slips a mickey to Matt Murray (played by Ryan Gosling) at a club the previous night, explaining how he allowed two goals with three shots in the third period.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden

Directed by Renny Harlin?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Aho would be here if he could, so at least him should be lock to a team as he is very adaptable to Jalonen’s system I would say.

It will be fun to see if next year we have a mix of J.Jalonen's 2016 WJC gold team and 2019 WHC gold team.

Mikkola and Lammikko have been in both of Jalonen's teams already.

Obvious additions from the 2016 team:
Aho, Laine, Rantanen, Hintz, Kapanen.

Question mark additions from the 2016 team that could be hungry to prove something like this year's WHC team:
Niku, Kasper Björkvist, Puljujärvi (if he is showing some good signs next season), Aleksi Saarela and more.

https://thehockeywriters.com/2016-finland-world-junior-championship-roster/

Of course in reality there will be other players outside these two teams' rosters but it just makes me excited knowing that if some players can't make it next season due to some contract issues or injuries to Jalonen's 2020 WHC team, there will be a lot of players available who have achieved a gold medal under Jalonen. Proven winners and under a coach they already know, it can't be much better than that.

Let's imagine next year our star players are mass declining again. I know that it is unlikely because their contracts will be set but you never know if the pressure is too much because everyone expects gold only from next season's WHC team. It is very likely that few teams' front office will simply stop some of our star players from coming. So if that happens, then we have these "unknowns" like Saarela who nobody expects nothing from that fit that mold that 2019 WHC team was all about.

Didn't even mention the gold medalists from 2011 WHC gold team. Granny, M.Koivu and Komarov's comeback to the national team. Pretty exciting and looking forward to the next season.

I am hoping next year's team has at least 50-60% of this year's gold roster and Mörkö better not be injured.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Didn't even mention the gold medalists from 2011 WHC gold team. Granny, M.Koivu and Komarov's comeback to the national team. Pretty exciting and looking forward to the next season.
Can he come back? Previously he's been an ambassador for NordicBet, which has prohibited him from playing in the national team.

Reactions: Mestaruus

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Still can't believe we won. It's like i'm living in a dream. Like, what the actual f*** hahaha. And Anttila scoring 4 goals in 3 games, against opponents like Sweden, Russia and Canada. What a madman, absolutely crazy. This whole thing is like a big f*ucking meme.
Don't mistake me, i just found this to be quite bizzare :laugh:

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Still can't believe we won. It's like i'm living in a dream. Like, what the actual **** hahaha. And Anttila scoring 4 goals in 3 games, against opponents like Sweden, Russia and Canada. What a madman, absolutely crazy. This whole thing is like a big f*ucking meme.
Don't mistake me, i just found this to be quite bizzare :laugh:
Miracle on ice 2.0

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Can he come back? Previously he's been an ambassador for NordicBet, which has prohibited him from playing in the national team.

True and good point but he once hinted for a return so maybe that contract is ending. Well who knows. It's probably unlikely that he'll return but you never know.

Sue them Leo is what I say :laugh:. You want to be coached by Jukka again that badly.

But nah we're really fine without Komarov. One thing is for certain, that next year's team will be very interesting no matter how many star players decline. So many possible pieces with a familiar head coach. Hopefully rest of the coaching staff stays together as well. Raipe is probably gone due to him being there only because he is the next U20 coach but hopefully the rest will stay.

Last edited:

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
True and good point but he once hinted for a return so maybe that contract is ending. Well who knows. It's probably unlikely that he'll return but you never know.

Sue them Leo is what I say :laugh:. You want to be coached by Jukka again that badly.

But nah we're really fine without Komarov. One thing is for certain, that next year's team will be very interesting no matter how many star players decline. So many possible pieces with a familiar head coach. Hopefully rest of the coaching staff stays together as well. Raipe is probably gone due to him being there only because he is the next U20 coach but hopefully the rest will stay.
Actually they were discussed about it between Veikkaus and Finnish Ice Hockey Federation and there was some kind of contract that Komarov could have played on the team if there would haven´t been injury. Was mentioned on same new were Komarov told that he was interested to join the team.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
It's not even close. People who say stuff like this must have no idea of who guys like Mikhailov, Krutov, Makarov, Kharlamov, Maltsev, Fetisov and Tretiak were.
But they do know about players like Anttila, Pesonen, Manninen, Kakko, Rajala, Lammikko, Lehtonen, Hakanpää, Ohtamaa, Jokiharju, Koivisto and Lankinen. How do you think my list compares with your list?

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Reactions: king89

king89

Dec 4, 2018

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Really big for finnish hockey. Let's build a dynasty.

Before any dynasty build talks Finland should win at least back to back gold medals in IIHF worlds.
And that is not easy.

Czech Republic ( 2000 and 2001 )
Russia ( 2008 and 2009 )
Canada ( 2015 and 2016 )
Sweden ( 2017 and 2018 )
are only countries in 2000's who have won back to back gold medals in IIHF worlds.

Only dynasty international hockey was Soviet Unions red machine in 1960's and 1970's.
Before Finland is even close that level it will take years.

And being honest there wont any new dynasties international level.
Red Machine was something unique what hockey wasn't seen never before.
So i don't see Finland coming dynasty international level.

And why ?
Because competition in international hockey is much tougher these days what it was 30 to 50 yrs ago.

Edit
And what comes to Jukka Jalonen's contract extension that's great news.

Last edited:

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
That's great news.

Also, worth to mention that whole supporting/assisting coaching staff got that same contract extension too. Jalonen continues with his familiar HQ, which means pretty much that all already established crucial cultural and systemic things and overall approach will remain same. Success often breeds success and there is good prospects that they can make further improvements within this generous time frame.

Good, good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad