WC: Team Finland 2019 men's World Championships roster talk

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
From now on, it might no longer be a given that a NHL player will even be able to make it to the roster.

Results, in the end, are what matter. People might call this a C or a D-level team, which it very well might be based on individual skill, but the sum of its parts was pretty close to an A.

If a NHL player hesitates to play for the national team, it might be a better choice to just get somebody who is actually looking forward to it. A lot of hungry guys in this team who had waited their whole life for such an opportunity, and they made the most of it.

Always felt like hockey was a game where morale and effort level played a huge part in the outcome (which is why you see the big hockey nations regularly being upset by teams that they have no business losing to). After a massively draining season, a lot of the NHL guys just don't have any gas in the tank.
Aho would be here if he could, so at least him should be lock to a team as he is very adaptable to Jalonen’s system I would say.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
img-20190526-wa0000-jpg.30205

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
It has been a very long time since I last wrote a comment here. But I just need to congratulate you, team Finland! What an effort the whole tournament. You proved that the big names on the roster doesn't mean anything. Hats off!

It reminds me some of the Czech national teams from the past.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I remember reading previews about how Finland won't even make the quarterfinal.

Well no one believed in this team so good for them to prove all wrong.

Maybe we have finally learned to win the biggest games?

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Guys, are there any videos of tori, or anywhere else people were celebrating after last whistle or on goals, I really love Finland way of celebrating and I have just found after game celebrations, thank you.

Reactions: Stubu and Koijari

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Guys, are there any videos of tori, or anywhere else people were celebrating after last whistle or on goals, I really love Finland way of celebrating and I have just found after game celebrations, thank you.

It was honky dory Finland style celebrations on YLE-tv this very morning ... but on the net, I don't know.

Rici

Jan 9, 2013
Helsinki

That was a crazy party!!! I arrived back home like 4.00 in the morning. It was impossible to get a taxi. I was one of the lucky ones to fit in a bus. Bus driver turned on Mörkö music and the fully packed bus was dancing and singing so that the whole bus was moving

Here is a nice short video from the market place:

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Reactions: king89

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
That was a crazy party!!! I arrived back home like 4.00 in the morning. It was impossible to get a taxi. I was one of the lucky ones to fit in a bus. Bus driver turned on Mörkö music and the fully packed bus was dancing and singing so that the whole bus was moving

Here is a nice short video from the market place:

Insane! Also lmao at the person hosting a christmas tree at 0:35 :laugh:.

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad