WJC: Team Canada: Thirty Years Of The Game At Its Best

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
I'm not sure if this book has been discussed (didn't see anywhere), but great read for this time of year.

Also great last minute gift idea for any hockey fan!

Hear is a thorough review with some highlights:

Excerpt:

Thirty Years Of The Game At Its Best, edited by Gare Joyce, is an invigorating look at the past thirty years of Hockey Canada’s highly successful Program of Excellence.

Sometimes talent and hard work just aren’t enough. Sometimes even Wayne Gretzky isn’t enough, as Canada found out the hard way at the 1978 IIHF World Junior Championship in Montreal. The youthful Great One may have turned heads at the tournament, but Team Canada had to settle for a disappointing third-place finish, and the next three years didn’t produce a single medal. (Hockey Canada)

Read more @
http://thehockeywriters.com/team-canada-thirty-years-of-the-game-at-its-best-book-review/

Happy World Juniors!

Last edited:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I'm not sure if this book has been discussed (didn't see anywhere), but great read for this time of year.

Also great last minute gift idea for any hockey fan!

Hear is a thorough review with some highlights:

Excerpt:

Read more @
http://thehockeywriters.com/team-canada-thirty-years-of-the-game-at-its-best-book-review/

Happy World Juniors!

Thanks for this!

I always thought Gare Joyce should have written a indepth look at Canada's 5 Gold from 2004 to 2009. I think it would be a GREAT read.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Went to the Liabrary and tried to reserve this book. It is so new they do not have it in their system.

:)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

NiagaraGirl: Keep working on him - WJCs great way to convince anyone!

KevyD: WOrk over your library! ;)

Hi CR007,

Help me understand more about this book. Is the book:

1) pictures from 30 years of WJR's?
2) where an individual story, from each WJR's, is examined from a Canadian perspective?
3) something else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad