WC: Team Canada 2024

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I guess that means that the Buffalo/St. Louis-players is done and dusted.

Owen Power
Zach Benson
Jeff Skinner
Devon Levi (went last year)
Zachary Bolduc

Is no-gos then. But Cozens, Byram, Binnington and Parayko is more than good enough from those.

Actually Suzuki, McCann, Power, (Chabot) is the only ones really missing from the eliminated teams.
Re : "I guess that means that the Buffalo/St. Louis-players is done and dusted."

I'm not sure about that. They may be thinking about it.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Wow those are good adds, first pairing defenseman in Parayko, Cozens is the ultimate 3rd line guy for this team, I think it’s a great way for him to recover this season.

Every addition so far to this team is way better than anyone on Chicago as teammates for Bedard.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I guess that means that the Buffalo/St. Louis-players is done and dusted.

Owen Power
Zach Benson
Jeff Skinner
Devon Levi (went last year)
Zachary Bolduc

Is no-gos then. But Cozens, Byram, Binnington and Parayko is more than good enough from those.

Actually Suzuki, McCann, Power, (Chabot) is the only ones really missing from the eliminated teams.
Levi is Rochester's starting goalie and they could well make noise in the AHL playoffs given recent form. So I doubt he's even been asked yet.

Reactions: Chainshot

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think there’s a decent chance Jake Neighbours goes. He went last year, and had a really good season. He might have hit 30 goals if he didn’t get injured recently.

But reports are that he’s skating and feeling better. The Blues’ season ends tomorrow but I wouldn’t be surprised if Neighbours wants to play some more hockey.

Reactions: jj cale

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
Dreger said on TSN that Celebrini is expected to go, along with Bedard, and that Cozens, Byram, and Parayko are going.
Sweet, those are great adds. Really hoping Sid decides to go although I'm not holding my breath. It would mean the absolute world to those young players but I'd understand if he doesn't want to.

Now that Philly is eliminated, I'm expecting at least a few Flyers to be named. I don't think Konecny is 100% right now though so we'll see.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I really like the start for this Canadian team if all of this is true. I am not a Binnington fan but he is a credible goaltender who is more than good enough for this level. Bedard needs reps at this level and gets the chance to play with some talent presumably, and Celebrini gets to get a sort of preview for next year. Cozens is a lot better than this season indicates, Byram still has lots of potential, and Parayko is very solid and was great in 2017. Very nice little core.

For what it's worth, Dreger (this was all during the Detroit-Montreal intermission on TSN) mentioned Crosby as well but said that of course Pittsburgh could still make the playoffs. He didn't say that he was definitely going or anything but that his name is out there is a sign that there are some rumblings. I'd still be surprised if Crosby goes but he might like the chance to get to play with guys like Bedard and Celebrini.

Reactions: therealdeal

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

This a Czech media members speculative roster for you guys. Not meant as a source of info or anything. Just what the Czechs think is coming to Prague... might be back to back World golds with the men and women very soon if this is close.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
A couple of notes on that roster, though.

Thomas & Kyrou is not allowed.
Giroux I think just got a baby?
Chabot maybe struggling with injury
Chychrun was not on the sens-list of possible candidates. Not sure why.

But it sure came a few more names after Pens and Flyers failed to qualify for the playoffs and the first names is a good start!

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
It seems D could be the issue this year.

Parayko
Byram

And then?

Weegar, Middleton played last year
Guhle wants, but it still a little injured.
Durzi is RFA
Walman?
Power?
Drysdale?
Joseph?

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
The most popular templates to get rid of the World Championship. 1. The wife is giving birth 2. The wife has already given birth 3. Playing golf 4. Undecided, ask me in a year

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The most popular templates to get rid of the World Championship. 1. The wife is giving birth 2. The wife has already given birth 3. Playing golf 4. Undecided, ask me in a year
On the U.S. side we get the "finishing college courses." AKA the R.J. Umberger effect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad