WC: Team Canada 2024

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Okay, Ghouls and Goblins. It's almost November. Time for a roster update.

I'm out of patience with M. Barzal, but with the cousins on his L/R wings, he'll do. And with the Oilers out of the playoff mix and looking more like a lottery contender ( sorry @Czechboy ) than a playoff team, I'll reluctantly take Bouchard to play alongside a competent defender to get in some reps. Looks as though this will be an injury-plagued year for everybody's favorite superstar, so long summer of rehab for McJesus. It's disappointing, but would rather him rest and get ready for a tournament that actually matters.

Certainly not a typical Team Canada Prague Powerhouse, but should be plenty to get us to the GMG.

B HAGEL
B POINT
S REINHART​
B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
C BEDARD​
N PAUL
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI

R CRAIG K JOHNSON​

J CHYCHRUN​
B MONTOUR​
A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
V DUNN​
E BOUCHARD​
O POWER​
O ZELLWEGER​

T JARRY​
D LEVI​
J HOFER​

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I'm out of patience with M. Barzal, but with the cousins on his L/R wings, he'll do. And with the Oilers out of the playoff mix and looking more like a lottery contender ( sorry @Czechboy ) than a playoff team, I'll reluctantly take Bouchard to play alongside a competent defender to get in some reps. Looks as though this will be an injury-plagued year for everybody's favorite superstar, so long summer of rehab for McJesus. It's disappointing, but would rather him rest and get ready for a tournament that actually matters.

Certainly not a typical Team Canada Prague Powerhouse, but should be plenty to get us to the GMG.

B HAGEL
B POINT
S REINHART​
B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
C BEDARD​
N PAUL
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI

R CRAIG K JOHNSON​

J CHYCHRUN​
B MONTOUR​
A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
V DUNN​
E BOUCHARD​
O POWER​
O ZELLWEGER​

T JARRY​
D LEVI​
J HOFER​
You didn't want Skinner?lol

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
If Guhle is healthy he would be a fine pick. Kids got game

B HAGEL
B POINT
S REINHART​
B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
C BEDARD​
N PAUL
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI

R CRAIG K JOHNSON​

J CHYCHRUN​
B MONTOUR​
A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
V DUNN​
E BOUCHARD​
O POWER​
O ZELLWEGER​

T JARRY​
D LEVI​
J HOFER​
I want Mctavish on this years team hard.

Reactions: therealdeal

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

B HAGEL
B POINT
S REINHART​
B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
C BEDARD​
N PAUL
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI

R CRAIG K JOHNSON​

J CHYCHRUN​
B MONTOUR​
A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
V DUNN​
E BOUCHARD​
O POWER​
O ZELLWEGER​

T JARRY​
D LEVI​
J HOFER​
Guhle is better then half those guys

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
If Guhle is healthy he would be a fine pick. Kids got game

I want Mctavish on this years team hard.

Guhle would be a fine pick indeed, but has got to stay off the IR. Maybe Dec 1 update.
Bedard got another one last night. The kid is starting to cook.

Reactions: jj cale

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
staying healthy has been hes main problem so far but if he can that kid will be a stud hes only 21 playing 25min a night against the best lines and producing

we have rarely been lucky with prospects but i think Guhle is a future #1 def just watch him play

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Roster update time. American Thanksgiving Edition.

Notes: breaks my heart to have to include Jeff Skinner, but it is what it is. Looks as though both Philly and Anaheim will be PO teams, but I'll include McTavish and Konecny as 1st. rd. additions.
Really hoping Byfield gets signed to an extension by New Years and LA drops out of a playoff spot. Really want to see him on a line with McTavish and Bedard. Oh Baby!

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY
J SKINNER​
N SUZUKI​
M JOSEPH​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH
C BEDARD​
R CRAIG​
A NEWHOOK​
D COZENS​

L EVANGELISTA ) S WRIGHT​

J CHYCHRUN​
D HAMILTON​
V DUNN​
N DOBSON​
O POWER​
E BOUCHARD​
K GUHLE​
O ZELLWEGER​

T JARRY​
D LEVI​
J HOFER​

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
It’s my intense fantasy for McDavid to join Bedard for a super team. Throw Crosby in there and I don’t know if I could handle it.

Hopefully McDavid gets over whatever injury he seems to be nursing and is up for some Team Canada heroics in May. I think a lot of players may want to get in some reps with Bedard.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Looking forward to your roster predictions up to May. Been pretty pleased with whatever group we’ve sent the last couple.

krutais23

May 1, 2023
Roster update time. American Thanksgiving Edition.

Notes: breaks my heart to have to include Jeff Skinner, but it is what it is. Looks as though both Philly and Anaheim will be PO teams, but I'll include McTavish and Konecny as 1st. rd. additions.
Really hoping Byfield gets signed to an extension by New Years and LA drops out of a playoff spot. Really want to see him on a line with McTavish and Bedard. Oh Baby!

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY
J SKINNER​
N SUZUKI​
M JOSEPH​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH
C BEDARD​
R CRAIG​
A NEWHOOK​
D COZENS​

L EVANGELISTA ) S WRIGHT​

J CHYCHRUN​
D HAMILTON​
V DUNN​
N DOBSON​
O POWER​
E BOUCHARD​
K GUHLE​
O ZELLWEGER​

T JARRY​
D LEVI​
J HOFER​
Flyers and Ducks will prolly miss the playoffs, Devils and Oilers likely taking those spots

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
If Bedard McDavid and Crosby will be free, it will be unique oportunity and mayebe last chance to play together .. it would be alsoo boost to acept for others stars. And lets dont forget that world cup will be in Prague, Czech Republic .. And it is boost too

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I had an interesting thought as I was watching MTL v Kings. What if the Kings lose their opening rd. playoff match up. Would Byfield accept an invite even though he is an RFA at season's end? It's not completely out of the realm of possibility.
And maybe Hockey Canada could tempt P.L. Dubois into playing by framing it as an audition to be McDavid's LW pal for the next two international events in '25 and '26. Maybe that would finally motivate him?

A team looking something like this? Maybe perhaps.

anyway! crazy thought!

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY
P.L. DUBOIS
P DANAULT
Q BYFIELD
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
C BEDARD​
A NEWHOOK​
N SUZUKI​
M JOSEPH​

D COZENS C ZARY​

J CHYCHRUN​
D HAMILTON​
V DUNN
N DOBSON​
O POWER​
E BOUCHARD​
K GUHLE​
O ZELLWEGER​

T JARRY​
D LEVI​
J HOFER

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
It appears as though McDavid is motivated and is playing his way on to this team in May. Good news for a Prague Powerhouse 2.0.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
May tournament roster update. Christmas edition.

A few Florida and Arizona late additions. (I'm hoping) Durzi is an RFA, so unlikely he would accept an invite. but it does happen from time to time.

B HAGEL​
B POINT​
M JOSEPH​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
C BEDARD​
C VERHAEGHE
N SUZUKI​
S REINHART
Z BENSON​
C ZARY​
D COZENS​

N PAUL M CARCONE

J CHYCHRUN​
S DURZI
V DUNN​
E BOUCHARD​
O POWER​
M WEEGAR​
K GUHLE​
O ZELLWEGER​

T JARRY​
C INGRAM
J HOFER​

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Roster Update New Year's Eve (almost) edition. Good news is that some terrific A-listers will be available come end of April. And Drysdale is finally off IR and back playing. Given the amount of playing development time he's missed as a young player he'll jump at the chance to get in some reps in a Team Canada jersey.

Still no resolution on 2018 junior roster player ban. That may drag out until all those players are retired.

Z HYMAN​
C MCDAVID​
M MARNER
B HAGEL​
B POINT​
D COZENS​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
C BEDARD​
R FABBRI​
N SUZUKI​
J QUINN​

C ZARY Z BENSON​

J CHYCHRUN​
S DURZI
V DUNN​
E BOUCHARD​
O POWER​
J DRYSDALE​
K GUHLE​
M WEEGAR​

T JARRY​
C INGRAM
J HOFER​

Reactions: jaro

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018

Hit doesn't look too bad. obviously he took it on the chin. Hopefully he doesn't miss much time and put Team Canada games in May in jeopardy. Because that would be a shame.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Hit doesn't look too bad. obviously he took it on the chin. Hopefully he doesn't miss much time and put Team Canada games in May in jeopardy. Because that would be a shame.

6 weeks! He'll be nice and rested for Prague.

I don't see the OIlers available though! That wild card is coming close and the teams around us are not that great. We are the best of the worst!haha

Reactions: jaro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad