O’Reilly

Theodore - Pietrangelo
Chabot - Ekblad
Pelech - Makar
Doughty

Price
Kuemper
Binnington

Your roster is missing one forward and one defenseman.

I'd have Barzal as an extra forward. I had Scheifele in my prediction before, but I'd not complain of Dubois is picked. Hamilton should be picked in defense and Hart in goalies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Your roster is missing one forward and one defenseman.

I'd have Barzal as an extra forward. I had Scheifele in my prediction before, but I'd not complain of Dubois is picked. Hamilton should be picked in defense and Hart in goalies.

I put in all the guys I predict to get playing time, and edited in the spare extras for completion.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Presenting Team Canada 2022:

Stamkos - McDavid - Stone
Huberdeau - MacKinnon - Marner
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Dubois - Couturier - Point
(O’Reilly, Barzal)

Theodore - Pietrangelo
Chabot - Ekblad
Pelech - Makar
(Doughty, Weegar)

Price
Kuemper
Binnington
As a Senators fan - Chabot shouldn’t make the team. In my opinion he is somewhat overrated league wide. Above Average player on a bad team syndrome.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

(O’Reilly, Barzal)

Theodore - Pietrangelo
Chabot - Ekblad
Pelech - Makar
(Doughty, Weegar)

Price
Kuemper
Binnington

Good team, might like a little bit of something different on MacKinnon's line but a good team.

Doughty is apparently ahead of schedule and may play next week. He looked good in a small sample to start the season and realistically was not as bad as many thought over the last two years. Getting extra time in before the team is selected is quite helpful. If Canada can get Doughty near where he was in 2018 or 2019 that's huge.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

86Habs

May 4, 2009
Good team, might like a little bit of something different on MacKinnon's line but a good team.

Doughty is apparently ahead of schedule and may play next week. He looked good in a small sample to start the season and realistically was not as bad as many thought over the last two years. Getting extra time in before the team is selected is quite helpful. If Canada can get Doughty near where he was in 2018 or 2019 that's huge.

I think honestly if we get Doughty anywhere near where he was in 2018 he'll anchor our defense and play the most minutes of anyone on the team. Maybe too much to ask, so I'll settle for the 2019/7 games of current season version of Doughty, who would be a fine #4-5 for us.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think honestly if we get Doughty anywhere near where he was in 2018 he'll anchor our defense and play the most minutes of anyone on the team. Maybe too much to ask, so I'll settle for the 2019/7 games of current season version of Doughty, who would be a fine #4-5 for us.

Realistically Makar is going to get a lot of the easiest RD minutes. I'd be comfortable with an in form Doughty getting plenty of the other RD minutes along with Pietrangelo. Ekblad or someone else might sneak in there too, especially if Pietrangelo is moved over.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
Realistically Makar is going to get a lot of the easiest RD minutes. I'd be comfortable with an in form Doughty getting plenty of the other RD minutes along with Pietrangelo. Ekblad or someone else might sneak in there too, especially if Pietrangelo is moved over.

With an in-form Doughty we're actually very, very strong on the right side. Depending of course on how things shake out with Doughty's health and how the LHS defenceman (who are relatively weaker) perform during the tournament, and Cooper's comfort level, I would be surprise if Pietrangelo wasn't moved to the left side to give more minutes to Ekblad and Doughty.

Reactions: wetcoast

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I soooo want to like the black jersey, but that crest.......

FE61qeeXIAcMQY9.jpg

Guessing they cant use the standard crest?

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 5.47.23 PM.png

Reactions: CanuckCity

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I soooo want to like the black jersey, but that crest.......

View attachment 484360

Guessing they cant use the standard crest?

View attachment 484361

That crest is not allowed by the IOC as it is Hockey Canada's logo.

I swear to f***ing God.

There isn't anything of note in that article on TheAthletic. Basically the management had a call with the coaches to find out how they plan to run the pp and pk units so that they know what type of players are needed and so that everyone is on the same page. The list of candidates is around 30 something players going forward. Realistically no manager is going to admit to picking an all star team. I was glad that Armstrong mentioned that he had discussed the team with Yzerman, even though he isn't on the management team officially.

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021

(O’Reilly, Barzal)

Theodore - Pietrangelo
Chabot - Ekblad
Pelech - Makar
(Doughty, Weegar)

Price
Kuemper
Binnington

Up front my only difference I have is Tavares over Dubois. On D I have Hamilton, Rielly, and Giordano over Pelech, Doughty, and Weegar, but I've been thinking I'd probably drop Rielly for Toews, and I haven't really seen Seattle, so especially at Giordano's age, I could see how he'd now be below Pelech, Rielly, Spurgeon, Muzzin, Chychrun, Fabbro, etc. LHD for Canada is weird cuz it's not as crazy star-studded as the right side but it's still deep with sorta quiet 1Ds. In net I have Fleury, Hart, and Kuemper, but I think if Price can go it'll be Price, Fleury, and Binnington. I think Armstrong probably fits Parayko on, too.

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
Does anyone wonder if there's anyone Canada left off their pre-tournament list that they may be regretting right now? We only know Sidney Crosby, Connor McDavid, Andrew Mangiapane, Alex Pietrangelo, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price, Jordan Binnington, Carter Hart, Darcy Kuemper, and MacKenzie Blackwood, but Canada has so many players, it's possible someone they'd wanna put on now wasn't on the list. Nazem Kadri was mentioned by Anthony Stewart on the Leafs' broadcast last night. Don't think they'd take him to begin with, he's not a popular guy around the league, but I have sincere doubts he's on the list. Probably a few fun names.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
MacKinnon-McDavid-Marner
Bergeron-Crosby-Marchand
O'Reilly-Couturier-Stone
Huberdeau-Scheifele-Stamkos
Barzal, Mangiapane

Theodore-Pietrangelo
Toews-Makar
Pelech- Ekblad
Rielly-Tanev

Price
Kuemper
Binnington

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Does anyone wonder if there's anyone Canada left off their pre-tournament list that they may be regretting right now? We only know Sidney Crosby, Connor McDavid, Andrew Mangiapane, Alex Pietrangelo, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price, Jordan Binnington, Carter Hart, Darcy Kuemper, and MacKenzie Blackwood, but Canada has so many players, it's possible someone they'd wanna put on now wasn't on the list. Nazem Kadri was mentioned by Anthony Stewart on the Leafs' broadcast last night. Don't think they'd take him to begin with, he's not a popular guy around the league, but I have sincere doubts he's on the list. Probably a few fun names.
Byram, Batherson, Kadri and maybe Thomas/RNH would be players left off the long list that could have gotten some attention

Reactions: Zybalto

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
For you who would leave Toews out of the team, what do you think he doesn't have / what he needs more? Like does he take too much penalties, is he unreliable, isn't he able to handle enough ice time, or what is it?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I am not Canadian, so this is an outside perspective on Team Canada. But this is what I would do.

Huberdeau - McDavid - MacKinnon
Stamkos - Point - Marner
O'Reilly - Couturier - Stone
Barzal - Mangiapane

Nurse - Makar
Theodore - Pietrangelo
Chabot - Ekblad
Pelech - Hamilton

Price
Jarry
Kuemper

That's a great team, surely gold favorites. That Canadian forward is pretty clearly the best in the tournament, although Russia isn't so far behind. I would actually consider playing Marner with Crosby and Marchand, and decide against using Bergeron at all, in favor of dynamism. The defense is nicely balanced but I only think it is the third best in the tournament after Sweden and the US. Goaltending could be a worry but I do think the perceived goaltending issues on Team Canada are a bit exaggerated.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I think both Stamkos and Tavares are making it at this point. Both are doing exactly what they need to do to make a team that will probably want their vet presence.

MacKinnon-McDavid-Marner: The dream of putting McDavid and MacKinnon together comes true combined with one of the most creative wingers in the game.
Bergeron-Crosby-Marchand: Reuniting the best line from 2016 who are still playing hockey at the highest level.
Huberdeau-Point-Stone: Complete line that rivals first lines on most other teams.
Tavares-O'Reilly-Stamkos : Reuniting the strong second line from 2016 with the two-way force O'Reilly (another returnee) taking Getzlaf's old spot.
Couturier, Barzal

Theodore-Pietrangelo
Chabot-Makar
Rielly-Ekblad
Pelech-Weeger
Toews-Doughty
Nurse-Hamilton

etc. etc. Lots of good dmen to choose from. Maybe the toughest part of the lineup to predict.

Price: Starter
Fleury/Kuemper/Binnington/Hart/Blackwood etc. to chose from.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaKick

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad